Camouflage

Decorating By deeb173 Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm by deeb173

deeb173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeb173 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 5

My grandson is turning one and his mom insists on camo...which I don't think is very babish. Anyway...it looks like it would be easy but sometimes looks are deceiving. Do you do outlines on it or do you just drop some different colors on the cake and then smoosh them out? Thanks!

4 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 5

I did a camoflauge cake for my neice's groom's cake this weekend. It was all buttercream. The base color was a lt tan color, then I just colored some of the remaining icing green, brown and orange, used my small spatula to "place" it on the cake. I let that sit a few minutes for it to crust, then I just VIVA'd it. Looked really good and was so easy. If you do a search for camoflauge cakes in the gallery section, you will see all kinds.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

This thread was just on her yesterday, or the day before. It should be helpful icon_smile.gifhttp://forum.cakecentral.com/camouflage-cake-ftopicp-6052658.html#6052658

seskenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seskenn Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 5

If you want something a little more "baby-ish" you can make your camoflauge out of baby blue colors. It will make it a much younger cake.

deeb173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeb173 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the information ladies and the thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%