If I Make Fondant Covered Cookies Today....

Baking By foxymomma521 Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm by sugaah

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 9

Will they still be good for Sunday? I am making a baby shower cake for Sunday, and am including a dozen Rolled Chocolate cookies with fondant and an edible image as a surprise to the mom to be... Can I make them today? My week is kind of busy, my granite is finally being installed in my kitchen (cut today, installed Saturday) so I have to kind of work around that. How far in advance do you make your cookies? How do they taste if frozen, and have you ever frozen edible images? Thanks for all your help, I'm not well versed in cookies icon_redface.gif
Kris

8 replies
sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 9

Hey Foxy - all good questions and I too would like to know the answers. Keep me in the loop.

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 9

I want to know too!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 9

I made a bouquet last night and it isn't going to be delivered until Saturday. I have it wrapped in a bag. It will be fine. I made 3 bouquets, but they are for DIL to give to preschool teacher, so she isn't aloud to complain! lol

I have decorated and frozen. I take it out a few hours before so the condensation can dry up and they have been fine. Also, they are in the bags that I am giving them in when frozen.

I like to make ahead of time just because time is so tight. Not all of the time but alot.

Lu

sugaah Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 9

I baked 4 doz and froze in freezer bags in sealed container. Now when I thaw to decorate will they be OK? I mean they will not get soft or soggy from condensation will they?

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks all... Have you ever frozen an edible image?

wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 9

If you bake them today then wrap them up they will be fresh, I would avoid freezing the image paper, I wonder if the ink would end up smearing? You could always call the company that makes it.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 9

I have read in other posts that if you freeze them, do not open the wrapping or container when you remove them from the freezer. By keeping them covered while brining them to room temperature, the condensation will form on the outside of the wrapping, bag, or container, instead of forming on the cookies.

I haven't tried it, yet, but it seems to make sense.

sugaah Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm
post #9 of 9

can you tell i'm nervous about this? I'll do as you say - keep covered and sealed and bring up to temp. Thanx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%