Could I Get In Trouble For My Mcd's Cake??

Decorating By chikie Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm by veronicarueda77

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #1 of 5

I made a MCD's (in my photo's) French Fry cake for my friend's son. It wasn't sold or anything, but 'cause I put the trade mark thingy on there could I get in trouble some how?

Thanks,
Tiffany

4 replies
kookyfaery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kookyfaery Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #2 of 5

If you made money for it, Yes. If you just did it and gave it to them, probably not. The laws change in every state but honestly, if MCD's decides to do anything about it, their lawyers have way too much time on their hands.

Just don't get paid for it and I think you'd be fine.

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 5

I agree with the previous post, If you didnt make any money on it, their shouldnt be a problem

And besides, their lawyers are to busy fighting off the idiots who thought hot coffee wasnt really hot. icon_confused.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 5

I agree. You can only get in trouble for it if any $$ is involved in the transaction, sadly this includes an at-cost sale. icon_evil.gif

veronicarueda77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronicarueda77 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 5

Just a thought, I watch Ace Of Cakes all the time. I have seen they make cakes in shape of the McDonalds Fries. Also I have seen the Netflix cake. In one episode they were going to make the Spiderman Cake, but the client's check bounced, so they did not make the cake after all, but they did take the cake order.

I sometimes wonder if they would get in trouble for for making these kinds of cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%