Help!!! I Am Try To Do A Bodice/bustle Cake

Decorating By beamom Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 2:25pm by CShields

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 10

I have to do a bodice/bustle cake and I wanted to know if anyone know where I can get a cake pan or have any suggestions on how to do them. I'm now sure I can carve the cake correctly without the cake pan.

9 replies
paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #2 of 10

I have never seen a pan. Draw a pattern on parchment, lay it on the cakes and carve.

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:04am
post #3 of 10

I've done a few.... try using a heart shaped pan and a sports ball pan. Hope this helps

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #4 of 10

Hi, I recently did a Bodice cake... It is in my gallery. I used two cardboard heart that I drew. I put them over the cake and carved. Then I cut off the point on both and laid them point side together... then I used my sports ball pan for the boobs. Hope this helps.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #5 of 10

Hi, I did one and I used a THICK 11x15 cake for mine. I used cupcake tops for the breasts. I cut a curve in each side. and buttercreamed the whole thing. Take a little off at a time until it looks right. Then I covered my in fondant sections. First time doing it and it turned out great....go take a look at my photos! Good luck!

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:44am
post #6 of 10

Hi. I made several bodice cakes. I use two heart shaped pans.HTH

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:16pm
post #7 of 10

I have one in my gallery too that I just did in June for a friend's 30th birthday. All I did was use the sports ball pans, and the cake scraps were used to form out the abs.

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:46pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you all this helps. Is it possible you could provide me the link to see the picture of all of your cakes you've done? This will help me provide me guidiance on the end results. Also what size can pan do many of you use?

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:09pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by currine

Thank you all this helps. Is it possible you could provide me the link to see the picture of all of your cakes you've done? This will help me provide me guidiance on the end results. Also what size can pan do many of you use?

At the bottom of each reply you will find the posters profile, pm, photos etc. . Click on photos to view . HTH icon_smile.gif

CShields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CShields Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:25pm
post #10 of 10

I used Wilton's mini wonder mold pan for the two bodacious breasts and baked an 11" x 15" sheet cake for the body. I found my electric carving knife, that I've had for years and never normally use, to be a big help in the carving of the body. I used butter cream icing because I knew that would be easier for me to make a nice smooth looking lab coat and curves over the breasts. I hope my attachment to this will come through. Note how you will need to make cleavage to make it look realistic. Good luck. (This cake was my first attempt at making a bodice cake.)
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%