Military Cake

Decorating By CreativeGirl220 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 1:02pm by CreativeGirl220

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 8

I have a cake order for a military cake and this person wants fondant. I want to know if its possible to make camoflauge colors out of fondant if so how? because the cakes I've seen were done out of icing. This person wants a half sheet cake and I was thinking of charging $160. Is that a good price or do I need to go higher?

7 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 8

I made a Army themed cake I put a Camo hat on top of of it but I air brushed it in camo colors I have seen cake with butter cream it looked like the iced the cake in pieces like the would put a little bit of green then brown then light green and then kind of blinded it together I hope this helps.

Molly

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #3 of 8

I have done a few of these for my husband's unit. The most popular ones do not include camouflage, but the unit crests and the like (although these too were done in BC). I would imagine you can color your fondant any color you wish. If you're set on como (which I'm sure will be great!) just be sure to keep your colors "dirty". Army camo is not "clean", or bright. Be sure to muddy your greens with a TINY touch of red and or black. Brown helps with this too since it tends to be strong on the red side. usaribbon.gif

TheRaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheRaven Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:23am
post #4 of 8

I saw a wedding cake on here that had camo tier dividers....they looked convered in fondant. I'll see if I can find it for you icon_smile.gif

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 8

If I were doing it, I would cover it in fondant and then paint it using gel colors.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:46am
post #6 of 8

Is this for an active duty member?
If so, what branch of the service will it be for?

-Debbie B.

TheRaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheRaven Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:49am
post #7 of 8

Here's the one that I saved from here...
LL

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:02pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone, I decided to do a war zone instead its for a soldier that just came back/ his b-day cake and the wife wanted something military.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%