The Famous Question

Decorating By isabelianico Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 11:10pm by Gingoodies

isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 7

What would you charge for a recreation of this scene? 2 ft. x 1 ft. and then they are going to purchase the figures that go on top. How much would you charge for that? I have no idea where to begin on that one. I know that this question is asked all the time. She doesn't care about the servings. Just about how big etc.
LL

6 replies
isabelianico Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 7

I wil bump myself on this one. really need some help from all of you pricing experts out there icon_smile.gif

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 7

Is the cake just the pedestal or whatever that snowwhite is on and the background is going to be painted or whatever, or are you going to make a cake wall to decorate?

I have no idea about the pricing either, but do you have a normal pricing scheme? Why not follow that? Even if she doesn't care about the servings, doesn't mean you can't use them as your pricing guide.

isabelianico Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 7

Yes. The cake woud be just what she is laying on and then painting the background around it. The reason I am not using the normal pricing is because this is going to take me much longer to work on then a regular round cake so I don't want to lose on this one but I don't want to overcharge as well. Just trying to find out what everyone thinks is reasonable.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:48am
post #5 of 7

Is the cake going to be filled? 2 feet x 1 foot Two layers of cake and one layer of filling will probably feed 75 people, or more. (I know she is not concerned with servings). Plus you are going to paint a background. I would not charge any less than $225-275. Probably more in the $275 range. If the cake is going to have more layers, I would charge more.
Just out of curiosity, where is she going to get Disney figures that large? If you do this cake, please make sure you post a picture. Good Luck!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:14am
post #6 of 7

That is going to be time consuming so depending on if the cakes are filled I wouldn't charge less than 6 per serving

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 7

I am curious icon_confused.gif Did you do the cake? Are you going to do the cake? If so did you figure out what to charge? Inquiring minds want to know! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%