Playing Cards

Decorating By thecakemaker Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm by thecakemaker

thecakemaker Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a poker theme cake for this weekend and i'm looking for an image - a sheet of playing cards that I can print as an edible image and cut up to make cards for the cake. Also, a good picture of poker chips would be great.

Thanks
Debbie

6 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 7

Recommend you browse google images and look for what will work for you:

http://images.google.com/

I find they have the most comprehensive set of pictures out there.

thecakemaker Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks - I did google but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Debbie

melvin01 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 7

Have you thought of taking some playing cards to a print shop (kinkos or the like) and getting a color sheet done there to use?

If you search Wikipedia.org for playing cards, there are some pages of cards on the side. Graphics aren't that great, but you may be able to use that.

chrissiecookie Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 7

You could make a photo copy of some playing cards in color and maybe then scan into your computer and print out?

I'm making a poker theme cake this weekend too and I was thinking of doing that, although I don't have a printer to do edible images with, but I'm hoping my local Carvel or Baskin Robbins will print it for me. Has anyone done that?

sugarflour2 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 7

I made a copy of some playing cards on a copier, took the copies to Shop Rite and they scanned the images into their edible image printer for $8.00 a sheet.

thecakemaker Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 7

Good idea - thanks! I'll scan the cards in or copy them and use that to print on an edible image!

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%