Quantity Of Cake Needed Versus Number Of Guests Invited

Decorating By deanwithana Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 5:06am by deanwithana

deanwithana Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 5:26am
post #1 of 5

Hi there!!! I know that I have seen guides that refer to a formula that figures out how much cake is needed versus the guests invited. I think I have seen where Indydebi (not sure) has one, but I for the life of me cannot find anything in any posts.

quick example........
200 guests invited - percentage that does not eat cake, no show, etc. = recommended actual cake ordering.

I hope this makes sense..............can anyone help me???? Thanks to everyone so much in advance!!!!

-Deana

4 replies
ibmoser Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 5

Ohhhh - it was Indydebi, but I can't find that info right now, either. She is an amazing resource - here's a bump hoping she'll see this thumbs_up.gif

ibmoser Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 5

Okay - this is not the post I was trying to find, but it has some info from Indydebi:

"I explain the 60% Rule and the 3 exceptions (Bride/Groom is active military; bride/groom are very involved in their church; bride/groom is african-american .... add 5-7% for each category). I also tell them that there are some factors that I can't predict .... how do their families view weddings? Is it the big family reuinion that EVERYONE ALWAYS comes to? How much family is out of town? out of state? Is this the first wedding (oldest child?) or the last wedding (youngest child)?

And while there are many, many, factors involved, over the past 25 years, the 60% Rule has held true, except for those micro-handful of events where I learned the exceptions!"

There is another post with more info..... still looking.

ccr03 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 5

The 60% rule is 60% of the people INVITED (with the three exceptions outlined above - and I would add if the wedding is a Mexican wedding - and I say Mexican because I know different Latin America cultures do things differently and I've only been to Mexican weddings).

Anyway, 60% of 200 would be 120. however if the EXPECTED number is higher/lower you should go by that. And the expected number is based on the RSVPs returned.

deanwithana Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:06am
post #5 of 5

Ya'll are awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%