Has anyone made a wedding cake using a sour cream pound cake recipe? I have a recipe for a bundt pan but don't have any idea how many batches it would take for a 12,10, & 8" square pans. I have asked the bride about the sour cream white cake (using cake mix) but she wants the pound cake. Any help wlll be greatly appreciated. I need to try to buy everything this weekend.
Thanks a bunch!!!
Everything you ever wanted to know about making your 1st tiered cake:
Link to Wilton's updated cake making and decorating help:
Illustrated guide to cutting neat slices of tiered cake by indydebi:
(So much easier than the Wilton method.)
To determine how many batches of the pound cake recipe you need to make for your cake pans - you must first determine how many cups of batter are in a single recipe.
The easiest way to determine the number of cups is by weight:
1. Weigh the bowl in which you're making the batter.
2. Weigh the measuring cup you'll use to weigh out the 1st cup of prepared batter.
3. Weigh the bowl after batter is made. (Subtract weight of bowl from total.)
4. Weigh one cup of batter. (Subtract weight of meauring cup.)
5. Divide the weight of the batter by the weight contained in one measuring cup. (This amount is the batter yield in cups of a single recipe.)
6. Check Wilton's charts for batter requirements for each cake layer. (Remember two 2" layers per tier.)
If you don't have a scale, you will need to manually measure the amount of cups in a single recipe.
After you've determined the total amount of batter required, divide that by the amount of cups in a single recipe.
Then multiply the amount of ingredients in one recipe by number of recipes required for your shopping list.