Charging For A Stand

Business By Justbeck101 Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 12:14pm by Justbeck101

Justbeck101 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:09am
post #1 of 5

When someone orders a cake from you and they want it on a specific stand that you do not own how do you handle the cost of the stand? Do you pass it on to the customer or do you only pass on a portion of the cost since you can reuse it? The cost of the stand is about $75.00

4 replies
JanH Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 5:13am
post #2 of 5

Well, if you have to purchase the plateau specifically in response to a customer request....
(or else you would already have one) - then they'll be buying it, just as they do the figurine type cake topper.

If you don't already have a source, this site is reasonably priced:

www.weddingcakestands.com

HTH

Kazoot Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 5:32am
post #3 of 5

You know what I have told people.......If they want a specific stand (AND it is not too outrageous) is that I will go half and they pay half and I keep the stand. HTH

jules1719 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 10:59am
post #4 of 5

You really need to weigh how much use you will get out of the stand after it's first use.

I don't use big silver cake drums, and the one or two times they were requested, I told the client they needed to purchase the stand.

However, I will buy any cake pedestal made. I use them all the time and have bought several for specific jobs. But I find reasons to use them..

Paying anything out of your pocket for a client requested stand is only a good idea if you are going to use the item multiple times.

Justbeck101 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1719

You really need to weigh how much use you will get out of the stand after it's first use.

I don't use big silver cake drums, and the one or two times they were requested, I told the client they needed to purchase the stand.

However, I will buy any cake pedestal made. I use them all the time and have bought several for specific jobs. But I find reasons to use them..

Paying anything out of your pocket for a client requested stand is only a good idea if you are going to use the item multiple times.

Okay, that is what I decided to go with. Since it is a stand I would most likely use over and over again, I decided I would pay for it.

Thank you all for your input, it helps so much that someone is always here ready to answer a question when someone has one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%