Breaking Dawn Party And I Can't Bring Cake

Decorating By allydav Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 9:20pm by kelsiedelizzle

allydav Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 17

A friend is having a book discussion party this weekend to celebrate the twilight series. We are all supposed to bring a snack to share. She's making cupcakes and I know someone else is making sugar cookies. I was so excited to make a fun twilight cake but since there are only going to be 9 of us an extra cake would be really overboard. Just bummed. My creative mind isn't thinking of anything else fun to make. Any ideas?

16 replies
Mac Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 17

How about making cake balls--covering them in white chocolate. After it sets then add some spikes in different lengths and make them "cake stars".

Of course, I have no clue what the "twilight series" is about...just thinking of something else you could do.

ceshell Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #3 of 17

Well you can "decorate" something else. I did sandwiches for a little holiday party at my dd's preschool. They didn't allow sugary treats, so I cut bread into turkey shapes w/a cookie cutter, put the meat/veggies/whatever on the inside and piped colored cream cheese on the outside of the sandwiches in the same style as many of the turkey cookies I've seen here on CC. Maybe you can do something similar with a book theme. Satisfies your decorating urges and everyone's nutritional needs to boot!

7yyrt Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:23am
post #4 of 17

Lamb and red apple kebabs?

allydav Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 17

Thanks for the ideas! I've never thought of decorating "normal" food.

kimmypooh79 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttercakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypooh79

How about deviled eggs....eggs were the only thing bella ate when she was preggers.

Eek! Darn, a spoiler! Shoot! icon_lol.gif I just started reading the series, and I had no idea that would happen...la, la, la...not listening....la, la, la....

SORRY!!!!!

Mizuki Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 17

Allrecipes.com has a really cute recipe for cream cheese penguins. Every time I make them they get "oohs and ahhhs".
They're adorable, and since you already have a piping bag handy they're pretty easy. icon_wink.gif

darcat Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 17

whenever I go to a card party I like to make sandwiches from brown and white bread. Before putting the top slice on I cut out hearts,diamonds, clubs and spades from the top slice (say white) and cut one from the brown with a cookie cutter. Then I take the alternate cut out and put it in the hole from the top slice cut out. lol Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. I thought maybe you could do stars for the twilight dawn theme

darcat Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #9 of 17

lol those cream cheese penguins are soooooo cute here's the link to them if any one wants to see them
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cream-Cheese-Penguins/Detail.aspx

valbos22 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:17pm
post #10 of 17

You could also make a sandwich loaf and use cream cheese beat with a little milk as the "frosting" and even color some it for piping! I saw it in an old Wilton yearbook, let me know if you want me to send you the directions....

allydav Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:32pm
post #11 of 17

ohhh! I really like the deviled eggs idea! icon_biggrin.gif

traceyjade Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #12 of 17

Why not make a smaller cake.

MeMo07 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:40pm
post #13 of 17

Oh! Those cream cheese penguins would be so cute- because in Eclipse there is a line...

"Penguins. Lovely."

If you've read it, you'll know what I'm talking about! icon_wink.gif

penguinprincess Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:45pm
post #14 of 17

Thank you for sharing the penguin recipe -- i mean the recipe to make penguins-- not a recipe how to cook one. I collect penguins-- so i love the idea!

Mizuki Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinprincess

Thank you for sharing the penguin recipe -- i mean the recipe to make penguins-- not a recipe how to cook one. I collect penguins-- so i love the idea!

They are really fun to make...and delicious!! thumbs_up.gif

toristreats Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:01pm
post #16 of 17

Bring red jello...hee, hee, hee. Red punch. How about cake balls with red juicy filling. Or make tuxedo strawberries. Just some ideas.

kelsiedelizzle Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:20pm
post #17 of 17

tuxedo strawberries... now that would be adorable AND delicious

Oh, and now I want to try to make the penguins!

Have fun at your party icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%