I Don't Now What I Am Doing Wrong With My Mmf! Please Help!!

Decorating By Frankyola Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 5:31am by JanH

Frankyola Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:02am
post #1 of 11

Hi can anyh body help me? i don't know what is wrong I try and try the MMF but when I am ready to roll it It start breaking and all I have is pieces of MMF. I do step by step what the recipe says but I can't get a nice circle to cover my cake. icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

Thank You in advance
Frankyia ([email protected])

10 replies
saap1204 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:08am
post #2 of 11

What recipe are you using? There are a few variations of this. I just made Rhonda's Ultimate MMF for my daughter's birthday cake and it was wonderful!

mgdsue02 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:09am
post #3 of 11

Not sure what recipe you are using but I add Crisco to mine if it seems too dry and is cracking.

paulstonia Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 11

try not using all of the powdered sugar. I usually have at least a cup left. The recipe I use call for 8 cups.

jennym0904 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:11am
post #5 of 11

i agree with saap1204, that's a great recipe to use. I would add some crisco too and maybe knead it some more before trying to roll it out again. hope that helps...icon_smile.gif

jenlg Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 11

It sounds like you may have to much powdered sugar going in at one time. Try the crisco suggestions from the others. Don't give up!! Good luck!!

knel Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:18am
post #7 of 11

It helps if your MMF is a little warm. I nuke mine in the microwave for about 15 seconds. It really helps it to roll out nice and smooth. HTH

Frankyola Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:33am
post #8 of 11

This is what I use: :

Marshmallow fondant

1 cup mini marshmallows, 1 tbsp water, 1 1/2- 1 3/4 cup powder sugar

Place marshmallows in a standard 1 cup measuring cup and push down and pack them in. Place in a microwave safe bowl and add the water. Put in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Just long enough for them to soften and puff up. Take out and stir with a spoon until it is combined well. At this point it looks kind of soupy. Then add the sugar and mix and fold until all is incorporated and it is no longer sticky. I take it out of the bowl when it gets to the point where most of the sugar is incorporated and I knead it in my hands. This takes roughly about 5-7 minutes.

Thank You so much for your response.

Frankyia

Frankyola Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #9 of 11

Hi saap1204 can you share your recipe?

I will trying the other one but I would like to have Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. or can you tell me where can I get It?

Thank You so much icon_redface.gif

saap1204 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:46am
post #10 of 11

Rhonda's Ultimate MMF is in the recipe section here. I used either that one or the addendum to Rhonda's Ultimate MMF--different flavorings. I also added a few drops of Lorann's orange oil to mine to cut the sweetness--it also gives it a wonderful smell. I make mine in my KA. I put Crisco in the bowl and on the paddle attachment and eventually the dough hook. I knead it in there. I only used this for decorations for my daughter's cake (cupcakes, cookies since it makes so much) but I believe the additon of the corn syrup makes it a little more pliable.

I hope this works for you.

Sheryl

JanH Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 5:31am
post #11 of 11

Duplicate post, for other responses, please see:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599066-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%