Quick Hydrangea

Business By jules1719 Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 12:57pm by jmt1714

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:50am
post #1 of 5

I make hydrangea by forming a cone, hollowing it out, cutting it into four divisions and smoothing the petals with my thumb and forefinger. They look ok. I've attached a pic of mine.

I'd like to be able to make them quicker. I'm wondering if anyone has a better method for production, or can recommend a book.

Have you ever looked at a Ron Ben Israel cake? His hydrangea are really great. They aren't realistic, but they look great and look easy. I can't figure them out, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LL

4 replies
korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:06am
post #2 of 5

I think yours look great! I use the cutter and veiner set. They are just plain time consuming. I'm wondering if your method is quicker than mine!!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 6:51am
post #3 of 5
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 7:09am
post #4 of 5

I have done both methods..both of them, I feel ,are the same amount of time. One does have the veins, wich I love the look. But then again you need to have the veiner. The other one has no veins. you have to add them, but needs no cutter.
My favorite one still the veiner..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 5

i use this cutter and veiner set: http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19020

I've attached a photo of hydrangeas I've made with it. It is easy - you make the center first, let them dry, and then do the petals and attach. i find it goes really quickly, to be honest.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%