This Really Ticks Me Off!!!

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 8:45pm by adven68

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:38pm
post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_Chell

I know this won't help with the friends she has already sent requests to but you can insert a code in your profile that will hide your friends list. Here is the link to one of the sites that have the code. http://www.layoutstuff.com/myspace-codes-hide-friends Hope this helps

Great thinking Chell! This is just what I was going to recommend!

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:56pm
post #32 of 46

mm I think nasty must be the other person who was doing this to the OP.

Grow up!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 9:01pm
post #33 of 46

Oh this is just so sad. What a pitiful statement of todays society.
That website is just not a nice place. It feels like a sleezy singles bar or something.

I am not trying to be critical of you at all in your choice of website. Maybe a better solution is for you to create a personal website if you havent and then keep your email or guestbook private. This feels more professional than those other types of sites.
I am hearing to voices in my head right now. THe angel and the devil.
The angel tells me to share this with you:
The other decorator should be ashamed if she was malicious soliciting your clients and I agree you should take the high road. Leave her name out of your site. It could leave you open to a slander issue. Why peak curioustiy in her direction? I am sure your work will speak well for you and you just focus on being the best decorator in the area. It wont matter what she does when you decorate circles around her. thumbs_up.gif

The devil says: Hey she is undercutting you. You can play that game. Start cutting your prices but not enough to cut your throat. If she wants to undercut you then she wont be in business for very long. Take out the trash and be done with it! insert evil laugh here WHAA ha ha ha ha ha!

Really I wish the best for you in whatever you decide to do.

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:02am
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty

THIS KIND OF THING IS CALLED COMPETITION. GET USED OF IT. NOT EVERYONE SHOPS IN THE SAME PLACE ALL THE TIME. GOOD LUCK!!!!

This looks familiar....

Competition is one thing. Being sleezy is another.

Babarooskie Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:18am
post #35 of 46

This is amazing! I have received so many e-mails form my Myspace friends! They are totally supporting me! I even received an e-mail from someone who does party planning and party rentals. Apparently, this same person has been stealing the party planners ideas as well. Go figure...

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:07am
post #36 of 46

I used to have MySpace, but don't anymore. I definitely see why you would be upset and I would probably blog something if that happened to me. What you wrote sounds great, but the one thing I wondered about is if you put "xxxxxxxxx from xxxxxxxxx is who I am referring to", could she get you in trouble for defimation of character?
Sounds to me like you have a "cake stalker" that needs to learn some honesty and professionalism.
Hope everything works out well for you.

Babarooskie Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:16am
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

I used to have MySpace, but don't anymore. I definitely see why you would be upset and I would probably blog something if that happened to me. What you wrote sounds great, but the one thing I wondered about is if you put "xxxxxxxxx from xxxxxxxxx is who I am referring to", could she get you in trouble for defimation of character?
Sounds to me like you have a "cake stalker" that needs to learn some honesty and professionalism.
Hope everything works out well for you.

I never implied that her products were not good. I just voiced my opinion to my clients and friends I have on Myspace. Even another girl complained about her taking her ideas for party planning! And, I think she followed me unto CC now...

Great, I may have a cake stalker.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:03pm
post #38 of 46

After reading your last post concerning the "cake stalker" the theme song to Jaws ran through my head. It is like she is circling you just waiting to take a bite out of your piece of the cake.

People like her really do always end up ruining it for themselves when they cant prove themselves in the line of duty. She will get what she deserves.
A drive by "cupcaking" is in order here, for sure!

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:29am
post #39 of 46

Wow! I didn't know I was famous on CC too!

I found this a few hours ago and I thought long and hard if I wanted to reply to this since I thought it was childish back then and still do today.Its been months since this incident occured and thought if i really wanted to "out"myself. Then i thought why not? I'm not ashamed of anything because I didn't do anything wrong,people are trashing me without even knowing the me or the truth.

I began doing cakes in about May, never took a class at this point or anything! I started because I wanted to make my daughters Bday cake in Sept. A few months later I began advertising on Myspace and just like OP, began requesting friends...one by one ...seaching.

I did this soo much and worked so hard to get my name out there that I was able to get over 2,300 friends. I am NOT a lazy person. I am a motivated person who self taught herself to do cakes to make extra money and be able to stay at home with my baby. I had a good job before, I was a kindergarten teacher, and even though this didn't come close to that job, I knew its what I needed to do to help out and stay.

I too am friends with other cake decorators and just as someone posted before we also have mutual friends. But instead of being bitter about it we we help each other out. When I don't know how to do cake or its just not my thing and I know she can do it a, I send them her way. She does the same as well.

As for the party planner whose ideas I "stole". I started in April painting wooden cutouts for my daughters birthday and decided to post them as rentals as an extra source of income. I had them, so why not? Since then I haven't posted any other wooden rentals or favors becuase I DON'T make them nor do I plan on it. With my cakes and cookies and a 1 year old baby I dont have the time.

Just like the OP i too got a lot of people writing me telling me how incredibly childish the blog was. Just like now, I explained myself and let everyone make their own decisions.

I don't need to "steal" anyones clients. I'm a hardworker and am very proud of my work.

Its very easy to judge someone from hearing just one side of the story.

Their is competition everywhere! Especially in Miami where we live. This is no small city. Everyone just has to keep doing their thing and work harder then the next.

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:03am
post #40 of 46

There is toooooo much drama in CC lately...

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:07am
post #41 of 46

By the way, is always welcome the other side of the story, clarify and let everyone now your point of view...i hope this ends hear, like it should......SOMEONE PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE IT TURNS RED!!!!!!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:08am
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Kitchen

There is toooooo much drama in CC lately...

Seriously! CristyInMiami, it happened almost 6 months ago...let the topic die!

Gail

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:55am
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Kitchen

By the way, is always welcome the other side of the story, clarify and let everyone now your point of view...i hope this ends hear, like it should......SOMEONE PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE IT TURNS RED!!!!!!

Honestly, the only person who should be requesting this thread to be locked is the OP if she feels the topic no longer bears discussion. I mean, we can recommend the two parties maybe hash this out amongst themselves, but I don't think it's anyone else's place to request a thread to be locked just because we personally are "sick of the drama." KWIM?? If we are sick of the drama we should click Stop Watching This Topic and not click on it if we see the thread.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:02pm
post #44 of 46

Don't get me wrong, the OP had and I have had our apologies through Myspace and I have swept this under the rug as I am sure she has too.

I don't mean to start anything up with her personally. I know it happened 6 months ago, but to someone like me, who read it 2 days ago its new. So I just wanted to clarify with the rest of you. I don't want to hear anymore drama nor do I want more attention then just having everyone know both points of view. I don't want to get either one of our clients into this ever agian either.I know some were upset with her and some were upset with me and our blogs and honestly they shouldn't have to be in the middle of anything.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:00pm
post #45 of 46

I wouldn't respond by posting about it on your blog. In my opinion that makes you look not so confident and threatened by her. Just ignore her. I would also look into a regular website.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:45pm
post #46 of 46

well, at least you guys settleed it on MySpace. Good luck to both of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%