I Did It

Decorating By justgale Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 2:40am by paddlegirl14

justgale Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 9

It's not great, but I did it. I finely got to make the light house cake for my friends birthday. I've been waiting a couple of months to try this one out.
I made the lighthouse out of 6 layers of cake. I cut out the circles using diffrent sized round cookie cutters. Each one 1/2 inch smaller then the other. Then stacked them all together and stuck a dowel rod through the middle. The light house is crooked and looks like it should be comdemed, and the tea light wasn't very bright when turned on, but she liked it anyway. She wouldn't let anyone cut it. I've treid so many new things since I've joined this site and this is just another one I can cross off my list of things I want to try to do. Thanks to everyone for inspireing me and giving me lots of good ideas to challange myself with.
LL
LL

8 replies
JenniferMI Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #2 of 9

I can't see the pic icon_sad.gif

Jen

justgale Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 9

Hummmm not sure where the picture went to. I reattached it, but couldn't figure out how to delete the blank one. I'm just not having much luck with post in the forums lately. icon_cry.gif

justgale Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:57am
post #4 of 9

Hummmm not sure where the picture went to. I reattached it, but couldn't figure out how to delete the blank one. I'm just not having much luck with post in the forums lately. icon_cry.gif

CBMom Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #5 of 9

I can see it! icon_smile.gif

How cute is that!! You did a great job! I wouldn't let anyone cut it either...that's a great idea to use the cookie cutters...hmmm, I might try a light house too! LOL

Great job!

Joyful1216 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #6 of 9

What a cute cake - such a great idea! And very thoughtful of you; how rewarding that your friend was so appreciative of your creativity and work, too!

terrylee Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:29am
post #7 of 9

What a great idea......I love the light.

tamrick Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:34am
post #8 of 9

Great job! thumbs_up.gif

paddlegirl14 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:40am
post #9 of 9

such a cute cake and idea!! I love it when things work, like the light.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%