Oh No! Need Advice For Wedding Cookies! (Due In Two Days!)

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 1:55pm by sugaah

auntbeesbaking Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone please help me figure out a problem I'm having? I'm applying the pink fondant today to the No Fail sugar Cookies I made last week (when I also made the fondant). The fondant was the beautiful color pink and now I went to count the cookies that I had done earlier today, and I noticed that it's starting to fade and get "blotchy." I attached the fondant with a little bit of watered down cornsyrup (only enough water dropes to make it thinner). Can someone tell me what I'm doing wroing? I'm going to keep going - I unfortunately had to make MORE pink fondant a little while ago so I'll be up in the wee hours tonight. Sigh. I hope this week gets better with the wedding cake and grooms cake to come. I used Michele's Declicous Vanilla Fondant (I'll never make MMF again - this is SO much EASIER to roll out!!))

Thanks everyone!

Deb

Blessings to you!

4 replies
traceyjade Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know if this helps but alot of times as things dry out they tend to fade, this is just a guess other then that I can't think of what else it could be.

PinkZiab Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 5

Pink fades very quickly... it's unavoidable (purple does as well, but not as quickly). Always keep your pink fondant out of the light until the day you're delivering (and if that is not the day of the even advise your clients as well). I keep all fondant cut out decorations, covered cookies, etc lightly covered with foil until i need then. Cakes are usually fine in the fridge.

Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 5

Ah Yes....the dreaded fade.Pinks,especially purple will fade and usually to a color we don't like.My purple always goes a dark grey but I only use fondant for decorations anyways.I guess try and keep it covered as long as you can!!I'm sure it will look fantastic anyways!!

sugaah Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 5

I wondered what happened to my purple flowers !! Now I know. Thanks y'all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%