Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Filling??

Baking By JenniferL Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm by JenniferL

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a snickerdoodle cake and would like to make some kind of ooey gooey cinnamon filling to put between the layers. Does anyone have a recipe they would share or a suggestion for how to make this??

Any other filling suggestions for the snickerdoodle cake would be welcomed too! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have a recipe, but I would be interested in hearing what results you get from my suggestions. I don't have an actual recipe, I'm just going with my pastry training.

1 - You can boil sugar to the hard ball stage (250-266 degrees F), then add the cinnamon in just after you take it off the stove, to diffuse, but not burn, the oil in the cinnamon.

2 - You can take a fruit filling recipe, omit the fruit, add more water to the sugar and cornstarch, adding cinnamon just after the cornstarch is added.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

JenniferL Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:17am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Theresa! The second idea was kind of along the lines of what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. Your answer gives me a little more to think about. Thanks for the ideas!! icon_smile.gif

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 7

I have a dark cinnamon soft custard recipe that might work too.
Basically it is a vanilla custard, but it has extra sugar and water/milk, plus several tablespoons of cinnamon.

I think it is about the same as Theresa's good idea, mine just has eggs also.

Sounds really yummy! Hope you found a good one!

JenniferL Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 7

Hmmm... that sounds good too!!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 7

Hmmm, I thought about this for awhile. What if you whipped butter with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some crushed pecans or walnuts?

That would give you stability with the nuts, and still be ooey and gooey, and full of the cinnamon bun flavor.

Just an idea...

JenniferL Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 7

That sounds decadent! I will have to play around with these ideas over the weekend. It might be fun to experiment. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%