Sailor/nautical Theme

Decorating By klassygirl Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm by CakeMakar

klassygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klassygirl Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for cake decorating ideas for a cake with a sailor or nautical theme. Any ideas? Thanks.

7 replies
amandamotley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandamotley Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 8

Oooooh! I want to do one of these, but I need a reason. I'm picturing a navy blue and white striped square with a fondant rope around the middle of the sides of the cake. Fondant lifesaver things attached to that (with the red stripes, of course) and some kind of gold accents. I don't have any great ideas for the center of the cake, though. That sounds like fun!

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:44am
post #3 of 8

if i can toot my own horn, i made a sailor baby shower cake, and i thought it turned out really cute, if i say so myself icon_wink.gif

i can never seem to add photos, so here is the link.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1185743

it was pretty easy and the mom to be LOVED it!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #4 of 8

There are some great boat/yacht lighthouses here in the gallery. I hope to do one next year.

diannholland1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diannholland1965 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 8

My BF and I both sail and last year for his Birthday I made a Sailboat cake.
One Sheet Cake and I carved out the sides to make the shape of the boat.
With the left over pieces I made the cabin. I covered it in white icing and stuck a skuir in the middle for a mast and cut out a piece of paper for the front sail (Jib) and the Back Sail. (Main.)
Around the base I added blue frosting which I tipped with a little white so that it looked like the boat was moving through the water.
It was decent enogh for my first try that I did another one for a sailboat party a week later.; The people RAVED about it...
Now that I have experiance I am thinking that I will try another one this year but cover it in Fondont instead of just the butter cream. AND put little Gum Paste people in it too like they are sailing. icon_biggrin.gif
--Diann...

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 8

I have one with a gumpaste sailor hat in my gallery. It was surprisingly easy.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 8

feel free to borrow any of the ideas that i did for the nautical wedding cake in my album.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #8 of 8

MixinVixen (I first read mini - vixen icon_biggrin.gif) --That cake is fantastic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%