Need Help Asap For Contest

Decorating By mommyinaprilx2 Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm by gummy_buns

mommyinaprilx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 8

I posted this in cake decorating. I meant to post it here so am reposting.

We are doing a cake contest just for fun at a bakery where my sister works and I help out at times and I need some ideas. One of the people that is doing it has 40 yrs plus experince! I have about 5. lol Also my sister is doing it and I have to beat her!!!! Any ideas would be great. We are having partners and start tomorrow. We just want something to blow them out of the water. We are going to have voting on the bakery website for all the cakes when we finish them. So any ideas for me? We start today and have until wend to work on them. They are going to be stryofoam so we can use them as displays later as well. There is no theme.

7 replies
melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 8

Do you want to do a molded/3D cake or just a regular tiered one?

I'd probably stick with something you are comfortable with and go all out (using gold and luster dusts, etc.).

It's hard since there is no theme.

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 8

Wow, that's so wide open. To narrow it down a little try to choose a favorite color or style (like traditional, whimsical, etc.) or something to do with the season (summer, school starting) and also what types of mediums you like to work with and are good at and then maybe repost these ideas. Then it would be easier to help. Otherwise you'll get 100 different opinions from 100 different people. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 8

wow..no theme..that could leave it open to anything!...The sky is the limit!
Edna

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 8

Having no theme makes it hard!

Maybe start thinking about the upcoming season; Autmn,.....how about a little chef in her kitchen baking theme.....how about something to do w/ your state or town? hmmmm

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:32pm
post #6 of 8

I think whimisacal always catches peoples eye. Topsey turvey with bold colors. Just make sure you can recreate the structure in real cake, a customer may want your winning cake! icon_biggrin.gif
Good luck, and make sure you post pictures when your done!

mommyinaprilx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 8

my partner kinda wanted to do a beach theme cake.

gummy_buns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gummy_buns Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 8

Do a under the water type cake that would b so culerful and all kinda stuff u can work with! Lol u said u wanted to blow them out of the water and thats what pop in my mind lol. GOOD LUCK make sure to let us know what u went with! and pics when your done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%