Found A Bakery Craft Supplier In Toronto Ontario

Decorating By saramachen Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 12:46pm by saramachen

saramachen Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 10

Hi All,

I emailed Bakery Craft on friday to inquire about canadian retailers of their sps product. I would like to give it a go but I HATE international shipping... the duties, taxes, waiting etc etc. I was informed that L&M Bakery Supply is one of their canadian retailers. I gave them a call, and while they dont stock the SPS system she would be happy to order it in for me. And, they have a store in toronto and sell to the public, no business # needed and they ship accross canada! Very excited to get to try the SPS!

9 replies
dinas27 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 10

Thats great! Thanks for the info.

Edited to add: Please update us on what you think their prices and customer service are like.

michellesArt Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 10

yeah!! maybe i can haul my little butt there and check it out...i'm in a bit of a slump but it'll turn around again-let us know what you think and if they have any nice surprises

robinleah Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 10

yes let us know. any new supplier in canada is good to know.

kello Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 10

I'm excited too! I have paying duty etc... on great things.

saramachen Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 10

So I heard from LM Bakery today. Prices for the SPS are pretty good. Heres what I ordered:

Columns $5.05 per 12/pk
6" round plate $1.70
9" round plate $3.10
12" round plate $4.30
6" square plate $1.95
8" square plate $2.65
10" square plate $3.85

I ordered one of each size plate and 2 pks of colums for a total of $27.65 + tax. She said it will take 1.5 weeks and she will call me when they come in to pick up or they ship accross canada.

So far so good!

dinas27 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 10

Sounds great. I will definately have to make up my list and order. icon_biggrin.gif no more cutting dowels icon_razz.gif

saramachen Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:00pm
post #8 of 10

I ordered the SPS on Aug 22 from L&M bakery supplies. They called me Sept 16 to say it was in. Thats 3 weeks. I went to pick them on the weekend but they are only open Mon - Fri 9-4:30 icon_sad.gif So i called them on tuesday and they overnighted them to me. She didn't say they were going to charge me for the shipping, so i am assuming it was free?

They are really nice and the prices were good. If you are ordering a bunch so that you have some on hand and dont need it right away i highly recommend!

Also i found out yesterday that GT French (which is in ontario, they have retail stores in kitchener and hamilton) is one of the cheapest places for cake boards and boxes. Just thought i would pass that along!

leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 2:23pm
post #9 of 10

Could you put this info on the thread titled SPS instructions that's a sticky on the How Do I? Forum? That way it will be where we can find it again. Thanks!

saramachen Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 12:46pm
post #10 of 10

Sure can Leahs. I am now waiting for a good excuse to try out the sps. Im thinking its friday is a good enough excuse for cakeicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%