Which Bc To Try For "end Of Summer" Party?

Decorating By Tiababe Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 12:32am by ceshell

Tiababe Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 2

My sister is having an "end of summer" party and has asked me to make a dessert. While the weather is getting cooler, we are still experiencing days in the mid eighties with humidity to boot. I wanted to make a simple 8 inch round with BC and candy clay flowers on top. I wanted to give IMBC a try, but am concerned about how it holds up...weather wise. The cake will stay indoors...but it is a forty-five minute drive to get there. Wondering if I could get some feedback on those of you who have used the IMBC in potentially hot and humid weather and if there are any tricks/techniques I should use. Or in this type of weather should I stick to traditional BC? TIA!

1 reply
ceshell Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 2

Do you have a cooler you can transport it in? Otherwise, depending on how you decorate it (i.e. you might want to consider putting on the decorations once you arrive), you could even freeze it in advance if you're really nervous. Of course it would need to be refrigerated till you depart anyways. Then if it will be displayed in an air conditioned room as you mentioned, it can/should sit out till serving so the icing has time to soften.

I always use IMBC and although I don't think I've done one on a super crazy wicked hot day, it's usually been on rather warm days. At least one last year comes to mind, that was a 45-min drive to the venue on an 80 degree day. I just took it out of the fridge immediately prior to departure, put it into a standard cake box, and kept the a/c on in the car. No problems whatsoever.

As I mentioned, if you have several hours to allow it to defrost, you could even freeze it before departure. But if you have a cool car+cool destination, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

IMBC is so yummy, if you want to use it then I think you should go for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%