Help Please- Fondant Dummy Put In Fridge!

Decorating By kellymarie Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm by kellymarie

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 6

So, is this going to ruin the dummy? I am a fool for not putting "no refrigeration" on my rental care sheet, but really , who puts a fake cake in the fridge? It says on the instructions to put it in the provided box icon_cry.gif

they are returning the dummy tomorrow.... i guess i just want some hope/advice?

thanks in advance icon_redface.gif

5 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 6

I think it'll be fine. I refrigerate all of my cakes, fully decorated (fondant, gumpaste and all).

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 6

I have also put fully decorated cakes in the fridge with no problems. Well, it did take the shine off of my gumpaste flowers but that's the extent of it. I live in a really dry climate so I don't have much problem with condensation on the fondant when it warms up.

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 6

Sorry, duplicate post!!

kellymarie Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 6

thank you so much for the responses!! I was getting sick.... i mean i know i worry too much anyway but.... icon_rolleyes.gif

I figured it might be okay because it was a dummy- no moisture from the cake... but hearing that you all do that, gives me some hope!

thanks again icon_smile.gif

kellymarie Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 6

Well, the cake was actually put in the FREEZER, and like you all had said, it was fine thumbs_up.gif I am very relieved / pleased and glad i now know first hand!

thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%