Epson Cx7450 On Sale At Target

Decorating By 282513 Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 3:29pm by bsalto

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:43pm
post #61 of 88

FrostinGal,
Keep your chin up. Keep checking on line for sales as someone mentioned you can adapt just about any unused new printer to edible ink.
There are sales on these products all the time. I think this was probably the back to school special ad or something.
Best of luck to you.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 7:07pm
post #62 of 88

well I had raincheck mailed to me by twooten173 and according to every Target within 100 miles of my home, they are discontinued and won't be restocking them. If you happen upon one, let me know and I will send you the raincheck, it is good until Oct 8.... BUMMER!!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:01pm
post #63 of 88

You're right Sugarbakerz, when I got my printer the tray came broken. I went back to ex-change and I found out Target has discontinued that printer. Luckily, they were able to give me the tray of the floor model and I replace it.
Sorry about that Sugarbakerz icon_sad.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #64 of 88

My target told me they would get them in but may be awhile .and if the rain ticket date expires ther will still honor it because It was their fault they didnt get them in time .
I was just buying them to have as an extra but still wanted it for that price !
Guess I will wait and see what happens !

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:43pm
post #65 of 88

For what it's worth I called Target stores around me trying to locate one and this is what I found out.
-$39.99 is their regular price for this printer
-some Target stores will clearance and discontinue carrying certain items, others will not
-one of the 4 stores I called planned to get more in stock any day, it is not an item they are discontinuing

So, it looks like I will have to wait, but I should still be able to get one. Hope this helps someone else too. Don't get discouraged without calling around first.

sweettoothmom Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:13am
post #66 of 88

I used my epson for the first time this week and it had lines through the printing. I had to run the paper through over and over to try to eliminate the lines. They were minimalized but were still there. Anyone know how to stop this without wasting my ink?

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:23am
post #67 of 88

D you have the paper set to matte finish ?

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:33am
post #68 of 88

I know they were 40.00 but they were out of stock Ugh

sweettoothmom Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 6:58pm
post #69 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

D you have the paper set to matte finish ?

Oh no I dont think i did! I didnt mess with any settings on the printer though. WOW I wish I had known that. icon_eek.gif

Ah well i will try that on the next print job. Thank you!!!!

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:06pm
post #70 of 88

sweettoothmom.. If that doesent work and you got your icing sheets from kopykake ??
You an call them and see if they can work you through it ?
They are very good at helping out ,I never had that problem on my Images,with the lines like that ! So it could be a setting or maybe something just not working right on the printer even though its new,It could have a flaw ?

bsalto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsalto Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:46pm
post #71 of 88

Thanks to fiddlesticks and vrmcc1 on how not to tear the frosting sheets I made this cake for my hubby. Too bad I only bake every blue moon. icon_biggrin.gif Double border idea by Diane. I love these sheets it was fun.
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:01pm
post #72 of 88

bsalto.. Your Welcome ! What a nice looking family icon_smile.gif
Yes it is fun to play with the sheets icon_lol.gif
Im sure your husband loved his cake icon_biggrin.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:59pm
post #73 of 88

Ok now please help me anyone and tell me if I can use the Espon printer on a Dell computer. I was once told by a friend that Dell is only compatible with Dell and I reallt don't feel like calling them has anyone tried it? If it works I'm out to buy one now. Thanks!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:23pm
post #74 of 88

panchanewjersey
I have a Dell computer with a HP and a Cannon hooked up and both work perfect! No probs at all!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:36pm
post #75 of 88

Thanks, but just called every Target in my area and found out that there are no more and no one offers rainchecks, because they are at regular price $39.99 and they are discontinued which is why their are no more. icon_cry.gif You knwo I bought one on ebay (edible printer) and was screwed because it didn't work and now this happens, maybe I wasn't meant to have an edible printer. icon_sad.gif

Linliv46 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:57pm
post #76 of 88

Awww, I am sorry! I bought the Cannon when everyone got them on Amazon but its took me a while to "perfect" using it! hahahaha!!!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:07pm
post #77 of 88

It seems I'm out of luck as well! I will tell you my target was willing to honor the raincheck on a compatible HP brand printer. The only problem was they wanted to let me have a basic printer that was only a printer, not a printer, copier and scanner! icon_confused.gif I said, whoa, that's not compatible and if I wanted that cheap thing I would just buy it.

I know they are saying their reg. price is only $39.99. But that's only cause they lowered the price due to it being discontinued! It was around $80 before all this happened, even at Wal-Mart.

The sales associate finally said, yeah, they will honor it on a compatible 3 in 1 printer, but of course, they don't have that one in the store. icon_rolleyes.gif

So, if I want the HP printer, I have to drive about 35 miles to another town. But I'm not even sure what other printers can use the edible ink. I guess I'm off to find out!

Bummer!

Linliv46 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:15pm
post #78 of 88

Go to Kopykake.com and check the compatible printers. I believe it is only certain models of Cannon and Epson!

sweettoothmom Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 8:07pm
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchanewjersey

Ok now please help me anyone and tell me if I can use the Espon printer on a Dell computer. I was once told by a friend that Dell is only compatible with Dell and I reallt don't feel like calling them has anyone tried it? If it works I'm out to buy one now. Thanks!

My laptop is a Dell and My desktop is a gateway, I use 3 different HP's on them as well as my epson edible printer. It does not matter what type of printer you use with a Dell.

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 6:39am
post #80 of 88

Hey all, I Just wanted to bump this thread up to give a heads up if you have a Toys R Us store near you that they have the Epson CX7400 printer for $19.98 on clearance. Not sure what the differences are between the 7450 but at this price who cares! Anyways, DONT CALL the store (ALOT of times the employees aren't aware of the deal and you're giving them a heads up and sure enough they tell you they don't have any in stock)..just GO and look in the electronics department. It won't have a price tag, but just take it to the counter and do a price check beforehand, thats what I did.

Good Luck!

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:30am
post #81 of 88

Thanks for the heads-up Karabear1125 I'll be heading over to Target later today.

I went out to Epson's websit to idenitfy the differences between the two printers.

CX7450 Features & Benefits
â¢Print color and black-and-white at the same speed â no compromises â up to 28 pages per minute1
â¢Get smudge, fade and water resistant prints with DURABrite® Ultra Ink
â¢Print documents that last â prints resist fading up to six times longer than leading competitive prints1
â¢Use one standard ink set for both documents and photos â no special cartridges required
â¢Replace only the color that you need with individual ink cartridges
â¢Preserve, organize and restore important documents with one-touch copying and high quality scanning
â¢Print directly from your camera or memory card â no computer required
â¢Get perfect prints automatically with Auto Photo Correction
â¢Make multiple color copies effortlessly

CX7400

â¢Up to 28 pages per minute black/color text1
â¢4" x 6" photos in as fast as 27 sec1
â¢Amazing prints on plain and photo paper
â¢PC-free printing from cameras/memory cards
â¢Individual ink cartridges
â¢One-touch copying, high quality scanning
â¢Multiple color copies quickly and easily
â¢Perfect photos automatically

Make ordinary projects extraordinary with the Epson® CX7400, the all-in-one that always delivers amazing results â from plain paper documents to beautiful borderless photos. Whether you print color or black-and-white documents, thereâs no need to compromise speed because the CX7400 delivers both up to 28 ppm1.

Print brilliant color photos right from your memory card or camera â PC free. With Auto Photo Correction1, you're sure to get perfect photos automatically. Or, make sharp color copies with one touch. Best of all, each print is made to last. In fact, prints from the CX7400 resist fading up to six times longer than those from competitive models1, so you can print all your important documents with confidence. You can even preserve treasured photos and documents electronically with high resolution scanning. It's all right at your fingertips with the Epson CX7400.

bsalto Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #82 of 88

Hello everyone. I was wondering how the printing is with the EPSON cx7450?? Is it clogging?? Only ask because my canon had clogged from one weekend to the next brand new. I bought my canon either the last week of august or first week before this thread started and after a lot of maintenances I"m out of ink. I'm going to buy one in a week or two and would like to know if anyone is having problems. I'd appreciate it. I hope after 1 1/2 months the ink isn't running out like on my canon. Thank you and I can't wait to hear any issues if you've had any.

Barb

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #83 of 88

I think maybe the issue with clogging is more with the ink you use than with the printer itself. I have had 2 canons and they both clogged very quickly beyond repair. I used all my ink trying to clean the heads.

I purchase the Epson at Target and the non clogging ink cartridges from Kopykake and have not had any problems.

bsalto Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:53pm
post #84 of 88

Thanks luelue1971, I also did reviews on the canon I have and it also clogs for regular office printing. Even at full price for the epson I think it will be worth the stress.

luelue1971 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:57pm
post #85 of 88

I agree bsalto. I purchased a new printhead for my canon and it clogged immediately.

bsalto Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:18pm
post #86 of 88

Ugghhhh It clogged too. I wasn't going to spend any more money. I broke a chip the first time I tried to move the chips to the edible in so I had to buy $15 for another ink cartridge for the chip.

luelue1971 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:24pm
post #87 of 88

Where did you buy your edible ink cartridges? I got mine from kopykake and I didn't have to do anything with the chips. I just popped in the cartridges.

bsalto Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:29pm
post #88 of 88

Kopykake also. The canon I had, had chips. That was my other question on the epson. Does anyone have to buy a chip resetter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%