50Th Anniversary Cookie Ideas

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 11:57am by janelwaters

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 5

O.K. my parents 50th wedding anniversary is coming up, its Aug. 23rd.I will be making there cake, if I can ever stick to one special design I like, I have tons saved in my favorites, just not sure which I like the best. Anyway, I was thinking of making some cookies too. Anyone have any ideas for the design.

First off let me say, I have only made the no fail cookies 2 times. I wasn't to thrilled with the taste, anyone recommend another recipe ?

Second, I don't have alot of cookie cutters, and live in a small town with a new super Walmart, which is generic, they don't carry hardly anything.

So if you could help out with a pretty idea I would greatly appreciate it.

My mother was diagnost 2yrs ago with Alzhemers, and I would love to make this special for her .Me too, because I want to have as many memories of her as I can get.

So please help if you can.

4 replies
brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #2 of 5

Doesn't anyone have any ideas ?

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:50am
post #3 of 5

In
medieval Germany, men would present their wives with a golden wreath on their 50th anniversary. This was said to symbolise harmony.

I took this from a website about anniversary meanings - so here are my ideas....

You could use the christmas wreath cookie cutter and do royal icing leaves in gold. Or you could get the "5" and "0" cookie cutters and do those in gold shimmer etc.

Or you could do a simple square or circle with white icing and their initials and 50 on them in gold.

go to the library and look at some of the cookie decorating books - GREAT STUFF!! good recipes and great ideas!

good luck!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #4 of 5

I found the recipe on p. 120 of The Flour Pot Cookie Book to be much tastier.

I like the gold wreath idea. Another idea would be to get a wedding picture of them, crop a closeup of the two of them. Decide on a round or square cookie cutter and create a sheet of round or square images with their faces. Then you could get edible images printed, cut to fit and apply to cookies. Use a small star tip to pipe tiny shell trim around each cookie and brush the trim with gold dust. I did something similar on a 50th anniversary cake recently. Unfortunately, I was making the cake for a friend and she brought the edible images to me and the vintage shot was a very poor image so I couldn't use it. But you should get the idea from the photo. You would just be doing it on a smaller scale.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 11:57am
post #5 of 5

OHHHHH!!! I LOVE the wedding picture idea!! How COOL!

you are so smart!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%