Please Help! Wedding Cookies Due In Two Days!!!

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 12:16pm by ALVARGA

auntbeesbaking Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 3

Hi. I didn't know if anyone would mind answer a few questions for me. I'm doing my first monogrammed cookies this week for my friend's Friday night wedding. My NFSC heart cookies are baked and my delicious vanilla pink fondant was made last Th. Today I want to put the fondant on and the royal icing. I was wondering how long I need to have them sit out before I could bag them up. And, do you think it will get "dry enough" before the wedding? I'm getting a little panicked...I'm also doing her wedding cake and grooms cake this week too. I would be ever so grateful if anyone give me advise. I did read about not getting the royal icing too stiff so it wouldn't be brittle. I plan on using Antonia 74 R.I.

Thanks a ton!

2 replies
CranberryClo Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

I generally place my fondant on my cookies, let them sit for a few hours to cool completely, then royal icing accents and then sit overnight to fully dry. You could have the whole shabang finished in 16 hours - including overnight drying time.

Good luck!
Christy

ALVARGA Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 3

I usually bake one night. Cover with fondnt and royl icing the next and bag them the following day. Since yours are already baked you could put the fondant one one night/day and let them sit overnite and let them dry.
Bag the next day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%