Staring To Freak-Out

Decorating By edith123 Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 4:36pm by edith123

edith123 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #1 of 11

Okay my dear cc friends, I'm getting married in 5 days and I'm starting to freak-out big time!!!any words of wisdom to help me come down!! you will think that after 3 kids and living with my fiancee for years that I wouldn't be nervous at all right? WRONG!!!!

can any of you give me any advice or any funny stories about how you guys felt when your wedding day was getting close and how you survived and made it to a "Happy ending" on your wedding day?

Help me please,please,please,please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

10 replies
scgriffiths Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:03am
post #2 of 11

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You'll be fine. Just remember to have fun, and laugh at the mishaps (because there are always things that don't quite happen as you planned them!) My DH was in the middle of converting his car into a "convertible" at the time of our wedding, but hadn't had the soft top made yet. We used it as our wedding car in the middle of summer, and it rained!

muddpuppy Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 11

My advice is don't sweat the little or big things. Your job on that day is to look beautiful and enjoy yourself and your new hubby!! The morning of my sisters wedding, a friend, supplying a limo borrowed from his father, made a right turn on a no right turn intersection and was hit by a minivan!! While driving the limo! The entire wedding party left thier salons and houses to rush down and help where they could. No one was hurt thank fully and we ended up riding in the scratched, and smashed limo to the ceremony anyway! We took pictures in front of the non-smashed side.. lol...
Good luck girl!! Your day will be magical!!

Karema Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 11

It will all be ok and it will be over way to fast for you. When I got married I had only known my fiance for four months and our familes did not know each other. It was a mess. Then I had bridemaids coming from NYC and was still waiting for one to come on the day of the wedding. I stayed calm but I was still a mess because my wedding coordinator did not show. My husband had a lot going on with his side also because he forgot the wedding music in his car and it was parked at the reception site. He had to send someone to get the music and try to explain to his cousin what was going on so she could jump in and be our coordinator. When we got ready to leave my limo had to go to my grandmothers hotel so she could follow us because she is not from here.

Then we finally get there and when it came time for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle they played my music. I was so mad. Then when It was time for me to walk down the aisle my cousin didnt have a chance to roll out the plastic white carpet thing so he had to run back in the middle of me coming down the aisle. Then when I finally get up there to say my vows the Pastor added all this other stuff for me to say that was not practiced in rehearsal. I could not speak and stutterd through most of it. I couldnt get some of it out and started to cry. I was a wreck. I looked into my husbands eyes and it all melted away and I spoke. It all worked out in the end.

Then we get to the reception and my cake was a mess. I just looked at it and wanted to scream. It was done as a favor and the person did it for cost and it looked it. the grooms cake was melting and I wanted to just cry. But we had a blast and that cake was good. The food was good and the hotel room was gorgous. In the end I only remembered that is was the best day of my life. Nothing else matters. It will all be ok. If you get scared or nervous just look in your fiances eyes and peace will over come you. Trust me. Lean on him and you will be ok.

seasonsmoke Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 11

Congratulations, Days before the wedding can be the most stressful. Keep in mind that some thing will go wrong at the wedding or the reception. No bride gets away with every thing perfect. Remember that the most important thing is that at the end of the day you are married. This moment is for you and your man.

DebBTX Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:22am
post #6 of 11

Congratulations! Have fun, laugh and enjoy your special day.

-Debbie B.

cakemommy Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:02am
post #7 of 11

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your wedding day is going to be special and days leading up to it are as you are experiencing going to be stressful. You already know his habits, his strengths, his weaknesses. He knows yours as well! So there's no "getting to know" time you should be nervous about. A wedding is a major event in a woman's life. All eyes are on you and your beautiful wedding dress. No stress!!!!! icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif Your anxiousness is normal. It's a day you have been waiting for your whole life and now it is approaching. These are happy emotions. Enjoy them and rejoice that you are finally securing your love with the man you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with.

My DH came home three days before our wedding. We hadn't seen each other in 9 months! When I met him at the airport I was like, "Hello, I'm going to be your wife in three days. How are you?" All is well 10 years later!!!

Again, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals!!! Breathe and enjoy your very special day...you deserve it!!!

Amy

edith123 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 6:44am
post #8 of 11

Thank-you so much guys for all your great advice and your great stories and I got a new one for you!! I made all the fondant roses for my cake and left them out to dry in a cookie sheet, well next morning I wake up and six of my roses have bites on them!! Needless to say I started screaming my head off and woke my husband to be and kids saying oh! no we got mice in the house just look at my roses!

well since we have two hamsters my husband to be goes and looks into their cages to make sure they are still in there and they were! well I stared crying thinking we had mice and how now I needed to make new roses all over again!!(mind you my 4 year old daughter who was still sleeping!! starts giggling)

then it hit me and I go up to her and my HTB right behind me and the kids and I said "Lili why are you giggling? did you take a bite out of mommys roses? she looked at me with her big brown eyes and melt my heart away and said with a big smile on her face "yes,yes I did mommy""it's just that they were so good!

everyone started laughing! I never would have known if she had not tell me because the little cutie took the rose bit them and them put them back in the very same place! my house it's very clean but you never know when a mouse can sneak in! in my case it turned out i have had the little mouse living with me for 4 years!!!!There's a wedding story to remember!!!
I must say I love that mouse!!! thumbs_up.gif

miny Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:14am
post #9 of 11

Congratulations!!! icon_biggrin.gif and please don't worry, no matter what happen you will remember this day as the most magical day of your life. On my wedding day it rained dogs and cats! icon_cry.gif in Cuernavaca, Mexico, and it was icon_confused.gif "no rain season"!!!!! Of course my wedding was in a beautiful garden and we had some umbrellas for protection from the sun but not for this kind of weather, the good thing is that it was super hot and most of the guest didn't mind getting wet, icon_lol.gif they just keep dancing even when the lights went off, luckyly the band drummer continued playing since it was the only instrument that could and the guest never stop dancing either, when the lights came back everything went back to normal ( still raining). I thought it was funny and it's a good story to tell. (plus someone told me it's good luck and it must be since I'm in a very happy marriage and ready to celebrate my 13th anniversary in November.) So enjoy your day no matter what, everything will be a good memory if you make it a good memory. icon_cool.gif
Once again congratulations! thumbs_up.gif

dg10148 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:33am
post #10 of 11

My wedding was 60 miles from my house so before I left I called the lady doing my cake to make sure she had the directions she informs me after I paid extra for the long delivery she changed her mind and would not deliver the cake so I had to drive it myself when I got there the yellow roses on the cake looked like baby poop I was so upset that when it came time to say my vows I cry ed so hard they thought I didn't want to get married so relax and have fun everyone else will especially the mouse

edith123 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:36pm
post #11 of 11

You guys are all awesome and you all made me smile! And mini congratulations on your 13th wedding Anniversary!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%