Total Brain Block....need Ideas For A "murder Mystery&q

Decorating By frostedbliss Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 11:49pm by vixterfsu

frostedbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedbliss Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 8

This cake is for a friends daughter who is turning 13. They are having a murder mystery type party at the Spagetti Warehouse. The party theme is "Desperate Homicides" and is put on by a group of local actors. I talked with their contact person and really didn't get any good ideas.

My friend has given me total liberty with the cake and it doesn't have to be something related to the murder mystery. I was thinking about doing a place setting kind of thing with a plate of spagetti on a placemat, fork napkin, maybe a breadstick and then a 2nd cake sitting next to it that looks like a birthday present.

Ohhh...please help.....this one has me stumped and I am tired of thinking about it. Any ideas would help!

Thanks for taking time to post!

Denise aka... frostedbliss

7 replies
CakeTopper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeTopper Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 8

How about staring with a chalk outline of the murder victim? Maybe place clues around the cake such as possible murder weapon, footprints, etc. Perhaps then have some suspects lurking about. Do you have the game "Clue"? Maybe get some ideas from that.

Sorry this is not very helpful but at least this will give you a bump.

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 8

Personally, I wouldn't do a pasta thing. Only my opinion, but especially bc she is turning 13, I'd either go more murder theme or totally girly 13.

Looking at your pics you *totally* have the skills to do maybe a topsy turvy in her fave colors, or decorated with magnifying glass, gun, dagger, rope (the game Clue kind of stuff). Maybe even theater masks b/c dinner theater? As your cookies are so lovely, perhaps match to the cake with mag. glass cookies.

A dif possibility might be a make up bag with lipstick, nailpolish, so on.

I *so* wish I could have my home licensed to do this kind of stuff!!

Good luck - and post pics here when your done!! icon_smile.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 8

You could make it a totally girly cake, and have it be a red velvet cake, so when they cut into it, they get a bit of a shock/surprise.

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 8

What about a "clue" game board??

And something that says her name and who done it.??

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 8

i like the foot prints idea.. and the outline of a victim... dont forget the magnifying glass and sherlock holmes hat..

all this easily incorporated into your spagetti them.. perhaps use a red and white checkerboard pattern "table cloth" with your black "foot prints" and use a black and white "outline" for the "body"

maybe skip the sherlocl holmes hat (i rethought the idea after re-reading original post lol) but the maginfying glass would do lovely icon_smile.gif sets the air of mystery

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbox

Like this with the red velvet idea!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbox

Like this with the red velvet idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%