Your Personal And Favorite Cake

Decorating By allycook Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 4:40pm by calivettie

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:37pm
post #31 of 96

Everyone's cakes are great and I love the stories behind them.

This is definately my favorite by far. I made this cake for a co-workers (who my kids call Grandma) grandson's first birthday. As I was making it my DD named the cake after her favorite teddybear. So this became known as the Bubba the Bear cake (the seal of approval in my opinion). As a matter a fact I get to make him again next month for her birthday, only this time it will have a crown and butterflies.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197089

Forgot to mention: this was also my first completely carved cake.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:42pm
post #32 of 96

Here is my favorite because it was what showed me that I could actually do beautiful cakes and I won first place in my first competition with this cake!
LL

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #33 of 96

I love each of your cakes. I can't get over how many are missed that shouldn't be overlooked. The stories behind them make them truly dear. I speak for myself and probabyl others too that each of my cakes has a little bit of me in it, so they all have their own story.

allycook Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:46pm
post #34 of 96

I love each of your cakes. I can't get over how many are missed that shouldn't be overlooked. The stories behind them make them truly dear. I speak for myself and probabyl others too that each of my cakes has a little bit of me in it, so they all have their own story.

sweetpea8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea8 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:02pm
post #35 of 96

I made this cake a year and a half ago for my niece's Christening. To this day, I haven't had the chance to work so intricately.
It was a copy of the actual Christening gown that was made as a gift for the baby. I took pictures of it and did my best to duplicate it in royal icing. My hand hurt so badly afterwards but I was honored to make it for my brother's first little girl.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_598453.html

mazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazz Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:30pm
post #36 of 96

I don't know if this is my Absolute Favorite - but I am proudest of this one. I entered it in the Sugar Arts Display in Orlando. I almost didn't because I was so intimidated. I'm glad I did and I am very happy with the way it turned out. The Bumble Bees are 3D Cookies.

Does anyone know a good way to resize your pictures. I could only post a few and my really nice ones are too big and won't upload. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am not too computer savey.

Thanks for your help in advance and I hope you all like the cake.
LL

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #37 of 96

I'm still pretty new. The one in my Avatar is my first sell. I was a nervous wreck the whole time.

This other one is just a favorite because it was so much fun to make. and the colors are so bright.
LL

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #38 of 96

My favorite is actually my current avatar (unless you are reading this at a later time and I've changed it).

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1235526

It's a baby shower cake I made for a lady at my church. I saw a similar cake posted on another site, and did my own version of it. I was estatic about how well it turned out! I consider it a turning point...it made me realize that after about 2 years of engrossing myself into cake, I know what I'm doing and with more practice & experience I can turn this into career. icon_biggrin.gif

heatherlikesfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heatherlikesfood Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:59pm
post #39 of 96

Maz- I love the 3-D cookie idea. How cool! Beautiful cake too.

sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:18pm
post #40 of 96

Heatherlikesfood -

I haven't even made it past the 1st page of this thread and I saw your gorgeous cake! I've seen that paper before and loved it. You did an amazing job!

Now...off to read the rest of the posts.

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #41 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

Beckysue, LOVE that mario cake. Your CT's look awesome! my boys loved it too...

Thanks!! Your red dragon was the inspiration for the two dragon cakes I made for my boys. Love your work icon_smile.gif

cakecrazed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazed Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:42pm
post #42 of 96

This is my favorite. My mom and I made it together. She made the cake and I did the figures.
LL

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #43 of 96

My favorite cake (I have 2) was my son's wedding cake and my daughters wedding cake. I don't have my son's cake on here but I do have my daughters. each tier was a different flavor and it's all buttercream.
Thanks for looking
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1064983.html

Jibbies

showersfamily4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
showersfamily4 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #44 of 96

mazz---go to www.shrinkpictures.com to resize your photos.

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #45 of 96

This is my new favorite:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1253513.html

I just made it last week. I used to live in Hawaii, met my husband there (he is from Hawaii) and I love this flower more than any other tropical one. So it brings me back to the days we lived there....They really are not too difficult to make, too, and I was happy about that!

mazz Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:29am
post #46 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlikesfood

Maz- I love the 3-D cookie idea. How cool! Beautiful cake too.

Thank you for the compliment. I love your castle cake. It is beautiful!!!

Also, Thank you to all the CC Members who have told me about websites to shrink my pictures. I will have to go and play sometime this week.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:57am
post #47 of 96

I have two favorites, and that is because they meant so much to the people I made them for. One was my Aunt Sally's 90th BD cake. She froze the basket part of the cake and used it the following year to celebrate her 91st!! The second was my niece Ashley's 16th BD cake. I actually went to my sister's house with icing and colors and matched the periwinkle colored flowers to my niece's dress. I absolutely loved doing both of these cakes.
LL
LL

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #48 of 96

I just logged on to post my new personal favorite and saw this topic... My daughter turned 1 yesterday. We had an ice cream themed party and this was her cake. I also had ice cream cone cupcakes around the outside.

MAZZ---you can also resize your photos using Paint. Just go to "Image" on the task bar and "stretch/skew".

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #49 of 96

Here is my favorite and one of my most ordered cakes. I'm doing one for this Saturday, just add an elephant and baby blocks to the giraffe.
LL

ColeAlayne Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #50 of 96

icon_confused.gif The attachment didn't post the 1st time...
LL

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:31am
post #51 of 96

The brown and blue butterfly cake was my favorite until I did the pink and blue square version. I guess it's the butterflies that I really like.
LL
LL

ColeAlayne Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:34am
post #52 of 96

Ooh...I like the pink and blue too. Cute idea.

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:43am
post #53 of 96

Thanks. I am trying to "sway" my future daughter-in-law with the pink and blue one. My son loves the brown one but she vetoed it because of the color and shape (she wants square/pink/blue) So, I decided to make a version that would be more to her liking in hopes of pleasing both of them.

mazz Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 10:39am
post #54 of 96

Thank you ColeAlayne - I forgot about going into paint.

Your cake is really nice. Thank you for sharing.

allycook Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:33pm
post #55 of 96

I like the blue and pink one. It makes the butterflies stand out on the light background. It's important to please your future daughter in law. Start out on the right foot in your relationship.

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 1:47pm
post #56 of 96

HI , all your cakes are lovley ,this is my favorite cake yet (I love her so much) icon_smile.gif
Thanks for looking
LL

allycook Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:07pm
post #57 of 96

Farnazmom3, I love your lamb. I am very partial to them and will save this to my favs. I can see why this is your favorite.

farmom3 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm
post #58 of 96

Thank you so much allycook thumbs_up.gif .

ColeAlayne Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #59 of 96

The lamb is precious! Did you airbrust the eyes? They have so much expression.

farmom3 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:42pm
post #60 of 96

Thanks ColeAlayne . no I don't have any Airbrush, just use a black MMF and cut a circle and put a little white spot on it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%