Cake Board Question

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 2:10am by PinkZiab

doublecz1103 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 6

at a local cake supply business they have a couple cake boards that almost look like pressed wood. they aren't any thicker than regular cardboard ones but much tougher/sturdy. does anyone know where i can buy these online??? i know they didn't have much of a selection at the supplier... and i need them soon. i don't know what they are called. and i don't know when i'll be able to get back to that store.

5 replies
Kazoot Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe you can call the store and ask what they are called. I have no idea.....sorry

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 6

They are called masonite boards!

newnancy Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 6

If they're masonite you can buy that at your local Home Depot or Lowe's & they'll also cut them (usually for a fee).

doublecz1103 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 6

thank you sooooo much!!

PinkZiab Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 6

You can also just google "masonite cake boards" and you can buy them pre-cut in all the usuall cake shapes and sizes. If you do a lot of cakes, it's much easier to buy them pre-cut and keep them on hand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%