Congratulations (Counseling Business)

Decorating By Anjoli Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 6:03pm by 3GCakes

Anjoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anjoli Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 4

My mom has been working really hard and she has her counseling license plus she's working on her dissertation for her PhD. She did all the paperwork to start her own practice and applied to insurance companies to get referrals. She just got her first acceptance letter from an insurance company, which means her business will start going now since people will start getting referred to her from the company.

Does anyone have ideas for a cake I could make for her? I was hoping to do something unique and special for her--maybe a carved cake of some sort (but I have no idea what to make!).

Thanks for any suggestions.
She has worked really hard and will continue working hard, so I really want to make her a nice cake to let her know we are proud of her.

3 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 4

My first thought was books or a couch - but what kind of counselor is she? Family, child etc... I still like the couch idea..haha!!

tell her I said congrats!! hard work pays off!

Anjoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anjoli Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 4

She does all types of counseling. Her business will actually eventually turn into a family center as well (teaching kind of like home-schooling, and/or tutoring, daycare, counseling, etc.), but for right now, she will be working with children, she'll work with depression and mental disorders, addictions--pretty much anything, I believe.

Thanks for the idea--you really made me think with the book one. She's always wanted to be an author too, so I'm thinking of making a book written by "Dr. Kimberly" or as my family calls her "Dr. Mom," haha. Then I need a good title...something about dreams probably. "Making the dream come true." That's kind of ordinary.

Any ideas on that, anyone??

I'm still looking for other cake ideas too though!!

Thanks!!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 4

Maybe something like a big wooden door with a window, and her name/title on it.

You could do a sheet cake and the whole cake could be the door, or do a little "building" and include the door.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%