Torting And Filling

Decorating By disp4so Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm by indydebi

disp4so  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:26am
post #1 of 7

I just recievevd Sugarshacks fondant and stacking dvd's and they are wonderful!!!!!! But I am curious about the torting. She only leveled each cake and had one filling layer.

I have been torting the cake for a total of 4 layers of cake and 3 filling layers.

I was just wondering what the majority of other decorators do?

6 replies
 newnancy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:09am
post #2 of 7

I'm with you, I like to torte but I think it's just a personal preference.

pinkbox  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:17am
post #3 of 7

Im with you... I torte two layer cakes and fill three. I add a brushing of simple syrup on each layer.

I think Sugarshack might have done that just for the video but Im not sure

varika  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:24am
post #4 of 7

I did my first torting for the cake I did for my mother's birthday, and I did that mainly because I was going to be carving the cake and wanted to be sure there was filling in all the parts of it. However, I really liked the way it turned out, so I'm probably going to torte and fill my layers from now on.

CakeWhizz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:56am
post #5 of 7

It depends. If it's something like a really moist carrot cake, I do two layers and one filling. If it's a 'straightforward flavour like vanilla, chocolate or lemon, I do four layers and three fillings. For fruitcakes I do no fillings at all.

Tona  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:16am
post #6 of 7

It depends on the cake I am doing. Sometimes I do 4 layers with three filling. Sometimes I do 3 layers with two fillings.

indydebi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 7

My weddings are 2 layers of cake with one layer of filling.

My dessert cakes are 4 layers of cake with 3 layers of filling. Because I have a premium price on the dessert cakes, I want to take them up a notch .... they won't find a cake like this in a grocery store bakery.

If a bride requests torting, I'll do it. If a birthday-mom requests a sheet that is torted, I'll do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%