Torting And Filling

Decorating By disp4so Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm by indydebi

disp4so Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:26am
post #1 of 7

I just recievevd Sugarshacks fondant and stacking dvd's and they are wonderful!!!!!! But I am curious about the torting. She only leveled each cake and had one filling layer.

I have been torting the cake for a total of 4 layers of cake and 3 filling layers.

I was just wondering what the majority of other decorators do?

6 replies
newnancy Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:09am
post #2 of 7

I'm with you, I like to torte but I think it's just a personal preference.

pinkbox Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:17am
post #3 of 7

Im with you... I torte two layer cakes and fill three. I add a brushing of simple syrup on each layer.

I think Sugarshack might have done that just for the video but Im not sure

varika Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:24am
post #4 of 7

I did my first torting for the cake I did for my mother's birthday, and I did that mainly because I was going to be carving the cake and wanted to be sure there was filling in all the parts of it. However, I really liked the way it turned out, so I'm probably going to torte and fill my layers from now on.

CakeWhizz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:56am
post #5 of 7

It depends. If it's something like a really moist carrot cake, I do two layers and one filling. If it's a 'straightforward flavour like vanilla, chocolate or lemon, I do four layers and three fillings. For fruitcakes I do no fillings at all.

Tona Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 11:16am
post #6 of 7

It depends on the cake I am doing. Sometimes I do 4 layers with three filling. Sometimes I do 3 layers with two fillings.

indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 7

My weddings are 2 layers of cake with one layer of filling.

My dessert cakes are 4 layers of cake with 3 layers of filling. Because I have a premium price on the dessert cakes, I want to take them up a notch .... they won't find a cake like this in a grocery store bakery.

If a bride requests torting, I'll do it. If a birthday-mom requests a sheet that is torted, I'll do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%