Creme Bouquet

Decorating By S1eepygrl Updated 18 Mar 2015 , 7:25pm by nanny4

S1eepygrl Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:48am
post #1 of 11

Hello Y'all,

Is there a substitute for Creme Bouquet? Or Does anyone know of a grocery store that sells it?

Thanks for your help!!!

10 replies
micnmax2003 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:48am
post #2 of 11

This was posted in the cupcake forum as a substitute, I don't recall who provided it other wise I would give them credit.

Creme Bouquet Recipe

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp (clear) vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavoring

aztomcat Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:40am
post #3 of 11

The only place I can find Creme Bouquet is in cake and craft shops or on the internet.

I'll have to try the recipe posted above.

pinkbox Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you for posting the recipe. Im so tickled I've gotta try it.

I have tried the CK Creme Bouquet but havent been thrilled with it... it has an artifical after taste.

Now the Magic Line Brand is to die for... Cake Shops and online is the only way to find it.

Good luck

jibbies Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 11

I buy creme bouquet by the 8 oz bottles and then I mix it with a 16 oz bottle of corn syrup. Then I add a tablespoon per box of cake mix (I'm a box mix baker) My cakes get raves, they have a light flavor and texture. You have to shake it before you use it. I also do the same thing with butavan. I add the cream bouquet mix to white and lemon mixes and the butavan mix to chocolate mixes.

Jibbies

CakesByLJ Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by micnmax2003

This was posted in the cupcake forum as a substitute, I don't recall who provided it other wise I would give them credit.

Creme Bouquet Recipe

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp (clear) vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavoring

[i]I have been using Creme Bouquet for many years (Magic Line); I wanted to try this recipe out of curiosity.. maybe it's just me, but I didn't think it tasted anything like the original icon_confused.gif anyone else try it?

practiceandpatience Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 11

I too have tried the recipe, and I have to agree that it doesn't taste like magic line creme bouquet. This recipe has way too much lemon flavor. I have tried to cut back on the lemon, and that doesn't seem to help. I have stuck with the real thing.

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 11

I have only used the CK brand and thought that it was too lemony. The lemon kind of overpowered the other flavors. I have been tempted to try Wedding Bouquet but havent ordered any yet.

nanny4 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 11

I LOVE Magic Line Creme Bouquet! I have tried CK's brand too it's pretty good but I get raves with every cake I add the Magic Line. I know Country Kitchen & Global Sugar carries it. thumbs_up.gif

EVERYBODYLOVECHOCOLATES Posted 8 Mar 2015 , 10:24am
post #10 of 11

THANKS. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS 

nanny4 Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 7:25pm
post #11 of 11

Another great online store that carries  Magic line Creme Bouquet is Sweetwise (Sweetwise.com) fast shipping & good prices too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%