Shout Out To The Following

Decorating By justgale Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 5:11am by dragonflydreams

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #1 of 14

A bride brings me a picture of a Thomas Kincade gazebo and tells me she loves this picture. She wants a two tier cake with the bride and groom in the middle, peach rose and the design to be fairly simple. Can I do it? I pulled up this site and we looked at some pictures. I would like to give a shout out of THANKS to the following people:
Kaseynh for the basic shape of the cake
laterlang for the design of the sides of the bottom tier
CakeWitch for the idea of the frens. (I'd never tried them before I saw hers)
And there was one other lady who made a b-day cake for a co-worker's niece or daughter that I took the top flowers from. Sorry I saved the picture to my computer and not the name of the person who made it. I did a search but couldn't find it again.
Anyway thanks again to everyone for the great ideas. My lattice needs some serious work but over all I was pretty pleased with how it turned out, even if I didn't get much of a reaction from the bride when I delivered it. ( two hours before the wedding and she discoverd greese on her dress, she wasn't in the best of moods)
Sherri
PS I had a link to the cake but for some reason it was bring up a virus instead so I removed it. The picture of the cake is in my album.

13 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:07am
post #2 of 14

When I just clicked that link my virus scan went off and said high risk for a fake scan page. Thank God for Norton!!!!!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 14

. . . me too . . .

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:29am
post #4 of 14

Mine too. I've reported this as a bad post.

debster Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:37am
post #5 of 14

I'm so tired of people not having anything better to do than try to destroy someones computer. Ridiculous!!!!!!

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:55am
post #6 of 14

I have no idea what happened. I'm so sorry. I'm going to go run a scan on the computer right now.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #7 of 14

justgale I am sorry people may assume you meant to do this on purpose.

I think people are a bit "touchy" about viruses as there have been a few in the last while and I am sure they did not mean to be so accusing.

Could happen to anyone, don't take it to heart!

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #8 of 14

Well, that's stupid to think she did this on purpose...............

debster Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:19am
post #9 of 14

bandba i wasn't referring to justgale I mean WHOMEVER does this the people that try on purpose to ruin things. I know once my computer went whacko from me getting a virus on my computer and I was sending things out and didn't know it. Hope this is clear.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:20am
post #10 of 14

JustGale,
It's a really nice cake though. I think it's lovely.
Just wondering, did the bride's dress have geese on on the gown or did the geese get to the dress? Again, it's really pretty.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:37am
post #11 of 14

I didn't report it as a bad post against the OP. I reported it so the link could be removed or fixed. I'm also sure the OP did not do anything intentional to harm others' computers.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:47am
post #12 of 14

indydebi, totally understood!

I just noticed that justgale doesn't have a lot of posts and I would not like her to be "put off" that's all.

Everbody hates bad links and they should be reported it's just when I popped into the thread I thought maybe justgale was feeling a little hurt and I wouldn't like to think of anybody being upset.

It's an awful thing that could happen to anyone.

debster Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:53am
post #13 of 14

banba I talked to justgale via a PM we are ok with what happened. That's the joy of computers you gotta really clarify I guess. I never thought it was her.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:11am
post #14 of 14

. . . I also knew it was not her intent . . . she is a "regular member" . . . no hard feelings here . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%