Fondant Tent

Decorating By crl Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 12:30am by KoryAK

crl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crl Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 5

I am hoping some of you might have some useful suggestions. I am trying to make a fondant tent for a cake, but am having a heck of a time. I tried cutting 2 big square pieces and 2 triangle pieces and gluing them together, but it's not working. The pieces either fall apart, or they line up funky. Does anyone have any ideas?

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 5

Unless you're trying to make a tent where you can see in, you could make the tent out of a little bit of cake or out of rice krispie treat and then put the fondant on that.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:13am
post #3 of 5

Could you drape the rolled out fondant over a styrofoam pyramid or something of that shape and let it dry?

A cone shaped cup would make a nice tipi shape tent.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:16am
post #4 of 5

I don't have a picture posted of it but I took a wooden dowel and one rectangle piece of fondant/gumpaste mixture and draped it over the dowel in the middle of the rectangle. I took the dowel and placed two cans (one at each end) to hold the dowel (like a clothesline) until the fondant/gumpaste dried. Place sometime small on the inside though, to hold it in that triangle shape. I didn't do ends...but I did use 2 small pieces of dowel covered in brown fondant as "poles" for each end of the tent. You could see straight through. If I can find the pictures of it, I will post them up here for you. Hope that helps and isn't too confusing!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:30am
post #5 of 5

I just did this the other weekend. I spread out white chocolate and let it set then cut out all the tent pieces and glued them together with more melted chocolate. I then covered it with one piece of chocolate fondant, cut a slit for the door and teased it open a bit and was done. really easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%