She Said There Was Not Enough Cake. How??

Baking By karapags Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 10:05am by indydebi

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All,

I just got a call from the customer and she said she was very happy with the cake. A bunch of people didn't know it was a cake. But she said there wasn't enough cake. I always make my cakes bigger because I get nervous that that might happen. I make 3 pillows stacked on top of each other. I made a 8, 10, 12. I know you carve the sides and stuff but I still can't believe that there was enough. She need it for 54 adults and 18 kids. I thought it was a big cake and they would have left overs. Maybe I am wrong.

Do you think that was enough?? I am very upset.

Kara

5 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 6

you might get an answer in one of the other forums as this is the cupcake forum!

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #3 of 6

I didn't even know I put it in this forum. Thanks!!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 6

i see that she said that she was very happy with her cake...did it sound like she was saying that everyone loved it so much that they had seconds or thirds?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 6

you should have had plenty of cake, you are not responsible for how the customer cuts the cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 10:05am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteecakes

i see that she said that she was very happy with her cake...did it sound like she was saying that everyone loved it so much that they had seconds or thirds?

good point. Hubby tells me that one guy he knows said "they ran out of food" at a wedding he went to. Hubby said, "Wait a minute. Do you mean that not everyone got served at least once? Or that you couldn't go back for your usual 3rd serving?"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%