Copying Ideas

Decorating By maude Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 5:10pm by mamacc

maude Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 7

There are so many beautiful cakes here on CC. Is it okay to reproduce the cakes pictured here?

6 replies
cindww Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 7

I personally find it flattering if someone copies one of my cakes. If I "borrow" someone else's cake idea, I try to give them credit when I post my cake pic.

Hope that helps!
Cindy

Rikki0422 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 7

Absolutely! This is also a learning site, as well as a show place for new ideas and creations. I get a lot of ideas here! I love this site, if you need instructions for a specific project they will be happy to help. Just send a pm icon_smile.gif

jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 7

Here's what I do
I pm the person that did the cake I want to reproduce and tell them that a bride picked out her cake and I would like to know if it's alright if I copy it. I let the person know I will give them credit. Here's an example
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1159352.html
Hope this helps

Jibbies

TexasSugar Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:32am
post #5 of 7

I said this recently but I'll repeat myself...

If someone doesn't want their cake or cake ideas copied they should not post it on the internet for all to see. I do think it is nice to give credit, especially if you complete copy a cake, but it isn't the end of the world to me if people don't.

maude Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the replies. I have seen so many wonderful cakes and since I am not the creative type I need to get ideas from somewhere besides my own head. LOL

mamacc Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 7

For me it's not a big deal that someone copied a design....but I DO appreciate it if the person gives credit to the original designer.

I've seen a bunch of cakes on here that are copies of my designs or other people's that I recognize and no credit is given...but whatever...nothing to lose sleep over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%