"new" Old Cake Mix

Decorating By jibbies Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 7:01pm by indydebi

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 5

Years ago when I was teenager my mother bought Duncan Hines carrot cake mixes that had a pouch of raisins, carrots and I'm pretty sure walnuts in it that you soaked in hot water then added to the cake mix. I'm a box mix baker and I've often wondered what happened to those mixes because they were really good. I think they actually had a couple of different flavors but I don't remember what the other one was.
Anyway today I went to the commisary (military grocery store) and right there on the shelf was the "New" Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Decadent Carrot Cake with the pouch of carrots and raisins. I can't wait to make a cake out of them. Just thought somebody out there might like to know!

Jibbies

4 replies
CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 5

Hey, I remember that mix and it was good. It'd wouldn't hold a candle to the one my sis makes but back then it tasted pretty good. I'll have to look for it at the store. Thanks for the heads up! If for the sake of "the good ole days" if nothing else.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much ! I will look for that for sure !Please post how you like it. Just want to add that I always soak my raisins when I add them to cookies ! Makes them so much more Plump and juicy !

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 5

Wow.. I just saw that mix in my local store the other day. Please let us know how it is.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 5

That sounds great! I'm going to look for those!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%