White Modeling Chocolate/candy Clay? - Best Way To Make?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 7:17pm by ChristianCakeBaker

sweet_2th_fairy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 12

How do you make "white" modeling chocolate/candy clay? I realize it's best to use white chocolate, but what do you use to make it "whiter?"

11 replies
 kidscakelady  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 12

Not sure of the answer, but have wanted to know the same thing myself. I always wondered if you could add white paste coloring to it after it hardens. I color all of my candy clay after it sets using americolor paste colors and it works great- just not sure about the white.

Looking forward to hearing from someone with experience.

SeriousCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:48am
post #3 of 12

What brand are you using? I usually use 'Candymaker' and always have white-or leasy a creamy white-clay but recently all I had was Wilton. What a difference! I'm attaching a picture of the 2 side by side, Wilton is the tan one....
LL

sweet_2th_fairy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:46am
post #4 of 12

Wow...what a difference! Is "Candymaker" a brand of chocolate? Where do you buy it? Has anyone tried adding the "White White Icing Color" by Wilton? Will this work?

SeriousCakes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:58am
post #5 of 12

Yes, actually here's a video of me making it with that brand so you can see what the bag looks like:

I usually buy it at a local craft store-AC Moore. I think Michaels is where I bought the Wilton brand though.

all4cake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:23am
post #6 of 12

Serious_Cakes
Great video! That is how I began making fondant roses...well, actually, I started making bread dough roses(thanks to Aleene's Creative Living) I applied many things from those shows to cake decorating.

Anyone remember those???

SeriousCakes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:33am
post #7 of 12

lol-I think I'm working in the opposite direction, I want to make some pies and use that rose technique with my pie crust, how cool would that be?

varika  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #8 of 12

I would try Mercken's Superwhite candymelts. They seem to be a much softer, nicer white than other brands I've seen in my area.

all4cake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:54am
post #9 of 12

Oh, that would be cool!

OT--Bread dough(in this case)= a slice of white bread or two w/ crust removed and a tablespoon of tacky glue(Aleene's tacky glue-craft section-brown bottle)

doublecz1103  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:47pm
post #10 of 12

that video is great!!

SeriousCakes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:00pm
post #11 of 12

Thank you! Those videos are addicting, I love making them icon_lol.gif

ChristianCakeBaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianCakeBaker Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 7:17pm
post #12 of 12

seriouscakes- i've been subscribed to your youtube channel for a while and i gotta say.. i love watching your videos. keep on postin em'!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%