Im Sorry... Another Mmf Question By A Newbie

Decorating By saramachen Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm by saramachen

saramachen Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 5

I just finished making my first MMF recipe. I used Rhonda's Ulitmate MMF recipe from this site and using a tutorial link provided to me about making it in the KA, I did that. The KA worked fantastically! I added banana flavouring instead of lemon - this MMF is to be used to cover the cake board for my Wilton class, so if the banana is yucky it will still be usable.

I found it a little soft when it was all done, is this normal? It felt like the right 'smoothness' to me but very soft. I have only used the wilton ready made (gross right, so thats why i am trying my hand at MMF). ITs all wrapped up in the fridge now, will it 'harden' up any overnight? Will it just go back to soft when it warms up when I use it? Even if its soft will it still roll out nice?

Im really hoping it tastes yummy, cause it sure does smell yummy and it would be nice to get it right!

TIA, Sara icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:40am
post #2 of 5

people have different preferences, me, for instance, i love it when it is soft, i find it to be easier to work with, the roll thin and have a nice finish to it. others, however, find it incredibly difficult to work with soft and prefer a "harder" fondant. play around with different recipes and softness and find one that works for you.

HTH thumbs_up.gif

varika Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:52am
post #3 of 5

First of all, yes, it will firm up in the fridge. It may soften again as you work with it; if it does that, just pop it into the fridge again for a while. (I had to do that; I have very warm hands.) Second of all, you can add a touch more powdered sugar without ruining the texture, if you want it a bit firmer. Just use your sifter to do a little at a time.

saramachen Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks - I've inspected it this morning and it did firm up quite a bit. I will find out later if its gonna be ok.

Thanks Again!

saramachen Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 5

Well Im pretty impressed! It was my first time covering a cake (ok a dummy) and 2nd time covering a cake board (firs was in my wilton class). My MMF worked very very well, and tasted yummy. Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%