Opening Ceremonies

Lounge By mellormom Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm by Monkess

mellormom Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #1 of 6

That is all I have to say!

5 replies
cupsncakes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 6

I sat and watched the re-run again with my daughter this morning. It gave me goosebumps, love the way the flame was lit icon_cool.gif

mellormom Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:46am
post #3 of 6

I'm still watching it here in Boston so I haven't seen the flame yet. I'm sure it will be awesome though!

JodieF Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:47am
post #4 of 6

I don't think I've ever seen an Opening Ceremony as incredibly beautiful as this one has been so far. Wow!

Ironbaker Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:19am
post #5 of 6

Me either, Jodie. There are not enough words. Just absolutely spectacular! The performances, the costumes and that torch lighting - very moving. I was sitting here wondering how they were going to do it and was thinking "flying would be great!" Wouldn't you know. The "running on air" thing was so awesome.

I always love to just see the Parade of Nations. The sheer joy and pride of everyone representing their home. You can't help but smile for all of them.

And I completely cried hearing the story of that young boy that came out with Yao Ming. What a sweetheart.

Monkess Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 6

me too!! that boy was really cute. Great the deligient Chinese to work out something so spectacular!

Quote by @%username% on %date%