Job Offer Moving From Ny To Orange-Cake Scene In Ca?

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 4:24pm by keconnell08

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 6

I just received a job offer,. I applied for a job 5 months ago and was offered the job. The company will be paying for moving expenses, airfare, and housing for 3 years.

I will miss new york, the bakeries and the my cake teachers from ICE/Recreation Dept.and the friends I have made.

Any cc members from Irvine, CA.? My DH, triplets, 2 pugs and I are moving at the end of September. How is the cake scene in Southern California?

I will be working for an accounting firm in Irvine. My husband also received a job offer teaching computer science at a university.

I will be the So California attendint the ACE of CAKE taping next weekend. If any cc are going will you be wearing beads?

I gues I am nervous moving to southern California Irvine. If any cc members that live in Irvine CA how do you like it? I guess I will be looking forward to beach weather and missing the winter season this year.

If you recommend any gumpaste teachers in Orange County area Irvine, I would like your recommendations.

Thanks.

5 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 6

Congratulations on your job offer. I used to work about 10 minutes from irvine, it's really nice there. I can't help you with the bakeries or teachers. I will ask my cousin. They lived there for 10 years. Where is the taping of Ace of Cakes at? I didn't even know. I want to go! I sound like my 3 year old =)

quilting2011 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 6

Hi! There will be an Ace of Cake Taping with Duff and the crew Mary Alice and Geoff. viist www.abfevents.com It will be held at the Anaheim Hilton near Disneyland. I will be leaving Friday night and signed up an afternoon taping. Visit Disneyland on Saturda-a friend will give us free buddy passes. Then fly back to NY on Sunday.

The cheapest price is $25.00 but includes price to visit the food expo.

Hope you can visit.

quilting2011 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 6

Hi Nishapint! There will be an Ace of Cake Taping with Duff and the crew Mary Alice and Geoff. viist www.abfevents.com It will be held at the Anaheim Hilton near Disneyland. I will be leaving Friday night and signed up an afternoon taping. Visit Disneyland on Saturda-a friend will give us free buddy passes. Then fly back to NY on Sunday.

The cheapest price is $25.00 but includes price to visit the food expo.

Hope you can visit.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 6

Bundtdiva-I'm going to this as well! So excited, I think we are at the 2:30 taping on Saturday. Taking my mom for her birthday.

Any other cc'rs here going?

keconnell08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keconnell08 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 6

Welcome to Orange County!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%