Chocolate Chip Roll Out Cookies?

Baking By DoniB Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm by gabbenmom

DoniB Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 14

Greetings! Me again...

I'm wondering if anyone has a good recipe for chocolate chip roll-out cookies, or can give some advice on altering a current recipe to make it into roll-out dough? I use the tollhouse recipe, usually, and love it (always have!), but I really want to make some sports shaped cookies for our first Panthers game of the season. (Okay, it's not the first real season game, but we've been without football for months now! It's the first game! WHEEE!)

Ahem...

Anyhow, if anyone has or knows where I can find such a recipe, or can help alter the one I'm using, please let me know. icon_razz.gif

I appreciate it!

Doni in NC
Carolina Panthers country! icon_smile.gif

13 replies
mawagner Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 14

Here's a good one from Karen's Cookies. It works well! HTH

http://www.karenscookies.net/shop/recipes/info_11.html#recipe08

gabbenmom Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:58am
post #3 of 14

I use the recipe that mawagner posted. Her lemon and white chocolate cookies are good too!!! I decorated mine with buttercream icing. They were great!

Honeydukes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbenmom

I use the recipe that mawagner posted. Her lemon and white chocolate cookies are good too!!! I decorated mine with buttercream icing. They were great!

Do you have the link for those recipes? I've looked in the Recipe section and can't find them. The lemon and white chocolate sound yummy!

gabbenmom Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 14

Hi Honeydukes,
It is the link posted above for Karen's cookies. She has a white chocolate cookie that is good and her lemon cookies are good too. I think if you wanted white choco and lemon together, I would substitute lemon extract. I would also use a little fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.
I made cupcakes the other day that were white choco lemon (from the cake mix dr). I then filled them with lemon curd and whipped white choco ganache and then topped with lemon buttercream! YUMMY!!!!! Next time I think I would just fill with the curd though.
Sorry....now back to cookies!!!!!

gabbenmom Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 14

OK, so I lied!!!!! icon_sad.gif I could have sworn when I printed her recipes (Karens cookies) a while back, there was a lemon recipe. I will look in my recipe book when I get home to see what recipe I use for lemon. I know I have many because my son wanted lemonade cookies. All that research and then they tell me he can't have wheat or eggs....so back to the research. *sigh*
I will look it up tonight when I get home or tomorrow.

Honeydukes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:52am
post #7 of 14

O.k. I was looking for a combo white chocolate & lemon recipe by mawagner. It sounded amazing! Looked and looked and thought it was just me.

I do have Karen's white chocolate roll out recipe printed. Haven't made it yet -- it's on my list. Does anybody else have a recipe list?? icon_confused.gif

I have a sugar cookie recipe that is gluten-free -- it is not a roll and cut cookie. I'm pretty sure it doesn't call for eggs. Haven't made it in some time. Would you like me to look for it? Could take a few days.

gabbenmom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #8 of 14

That would be fantabulous (the gluten free recipe)!!!! icon_lol.gif I have found some good books but not a very good sugar cookie recipe! He would love you for it! You are right, a white choco lemon cookie sounds great! I think I may have to come up with something. I do have a good lemon cookie recipe with a glaze if you would like it!

Honeydukes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:09am
post #9 of 14

I will start looking first thing in the morning. DH is sleeping and if I start tearing the kitchen apart he'll wake up for sure. If I can't find the printout, I'll have him check my old hard drive. icon_smile.gif

gabbenmom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:14am
post #10 of 14

Here is a link to a different roll out choco chip cookie. I have not tried this one.
http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Cookies/Mini%20Chocolate%20Chip%20Cookie%20Cutouts.htm

mawagner Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:31am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydukes

O.k. I was looking for a combo white chocolate & lemon recipe by mawagner. It sounded amazing! Looked and looked and thought it was just me.

Sorry to disappoint...I don't have a recipe for white chocolate & lemon cookies. I was only passing on the recipe link to Karen's cc rolled cookie recipe. When I saw your post though, I did go on a search for a white chocolate & lemon cookie recipe. LOL It sounds really good! I wonder if you could take Karen's white chocolate cookie recipe (which tastes great!) and add some lemon zest along with a little lemon juice/extract. Might be worth a try!

Honeydukes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:17pm
post #12 of 14

It does sound good doesn't it? The more I think about it the more I've got to find a recipe!! I'm gonna bake some lemon bars this morning (before it gets too hot) to satisfy that lemon craving.

I think that's a great idea about the zest and the juice. I might just add those to my glaze. I'll keep looking and I'll let ya know if I find anything!

mawagner Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 12:48pm
post #13 of 14

I did some googling and came up with a few recipes for white chocolate & lemon cookies!

http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20031204cookieguy1204r5fnp9.asp

http://www.recipezaar.com/275538

http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=1512

Looks like I may have to break out the baking supplies today! icon_smile.gif

gabbenmom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #14 of 14

I was thinking the same thing about white choco lemon cookies. I also searched. I am thinking I want the chocolate melted not in chips. I had the same thought as mawagner - take the white choco recipe add lemon zest, lemon extract and maybe juice. You could also put lemon in the glaze or icing you use. How about a white choco buttercream with lemon flavoring. We have to try these!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%