Candy & Chocolate Supplies

Decorating By AlanT Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 4:47pm by AlanT

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 13

A question to the CC ranks! Are you interested in candy making supplies, chocolate, molds, candy boxes, etc? Do many of you make chocolates at home? Alan

12 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 13

Hi, Alan.
I do chocolate at home on a smallish scale.

I'd like to have access to specialty items like transfer sheets (sold singley rather than in bulk), colored cocoa butters (like what Albert Uster and Chef Rubber carry) but perhaps in smaller quantities, and Guittard A'Peels candy coating (an upgrade from Merckens).

HTH
Rae

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:52am
post #3 of 13

Yes Please Alan. Trying to find molds and supplies at a reasonable cost is killing me!

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:05am
post #4 of 13

I agree, I love using molds. Would love to try chocolate transfer sheets also.

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:08am
post #5 of 13

I would love to try chocolate transfer sheets as well.

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:08am
post #6 of 13

I would like some choco supplies. They are hard to find where I am, east Texas.

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:10am
post #7 of 13

I used to have a chocolates business for years. Unfortunatley I've leaned towards cakes more. Have tons and tons of molds if anyone is interested. Wouldn't mind the transfer sheets though...icon_smile.gif

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:13am
post #8 of 13

I would be interested in molds and transfer sheets.

jaitee69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaitee69 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:15am
post #9 of 13

Hi Alan - Yes, I would be interested in chocolates and supplies. Good chocolates would be a plus! Someday hope to have a business. Thanks for asking!

Deanna

Lisa93063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa93063 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:23am
post #10 of 13

Yes Please! I do a lot of chocolate work and my candy supply store is terrible. Besides the fact they are extremely expensive, all they do is complain business is so bad, but do not keep the store well stocked. They never have what I need.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:23am
post #11 of 13

I totally agree with Blakescakes. Good quality supplies in smaller quantities would be great. I would also like to see a section with tutorials showing how to use some of the various products that you carry. There are several supply sights that do that and it is a big plus for all parties concerned.
It is wonderful to have a supplier that is so willing to work with the customer as you do. How about a cookie cutter line?????
Karen

musselmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musselmom Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #12 of 13

I would love to be able to get good quality real chocolate and molds. I need a digital thermometer thats designed for candy not meat. some tools that are designed/sized and priced for a home based business.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:47pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks for all the feedback. When I started this business my plan was to offer candy making supplies right away. Due to the heavy volume we have experienced this year, I have run out of room in my store to add any candy supplies. We will hopefully be moving to a much larger store/warehouse within the next 6 months. At that time, I plan on introducing a complete line of candy and chocolate making supplies as well.
I will keep you all posted and thank you again for taking the time to respond and email me.
Alan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%