Baby Shower Disaster.....(Follow Up Version)

Decorating By pinkbiz Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 11:06pm by pinkbiz

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 6

so thanks to everryone that has been following up with my baby shower disaster... i haven't written anything in like 2 weeks because i went on vaca to Florida so i really didn't think about it... but i got back like 2 days ago and i started working on it because its for tomorrow....but the disaster continue!!! ... i began with the butterflies and flowers everything fine until today they started craking... my fondant pregnant lady the lashes bleeded because of the heat ( its VERY VERY VERY HOT right now in Puerto Rico) so last night i baked the 14" took it out put it in the fridge ...took it out let it thaw and when i flipped it was undercook on the bottom!!! icon_cry.gif yeah so i got a panic attack literally! soo what i did is i flipped it back into the pan but the uncooked side up because the other side was already burned...is this a good idea?? i don't think i have eough time to go back and do another one i still have the 8" and 6" to bake plus frost, fondant, and decor.... what should i doo????? thanks in advance

5 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 6

Honestly, I think you need to re-bake. I can't imagine that cake is going to be anything anyone wants to eat if it was already partially overdone and now after being refrigerated overnight, re-baked. Good luck! Hope things turn out okay.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 6

Well I really don't understand how a cake can bae burned on the top but undercooked on the bottom. Can you just level it a bit - taking off what you think is undercooked.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 3:13am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Well I really don't understand how a cake can bae burned on the top but undercooked on the bottom. Can you just level it a bit - taking off what you think is undercooked.

Only if it was cooked with the broiler on..............

No, you can't try to finish baking the cake. You have to re-bake the entire tier from the beginning.

Good luck.
Rae

pinkbiz Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 4:55am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

i don't get it either but it happend.. i was soo upset but i just decided i had no time to rebake..my recipe has alot of ingredients but anyways i decided to just leave it as is and just not cut into it...start cutting the top tiers and who ever doesn't have cake..sorry jeje overall im pleased with the outcome of the cake i'll post a pic tomorrow because right now its not assembled and if you had read my previous thread ( HELP! Huge Baby Shower Cake) well the pain in the ... sister actually helped me out and even my SIL it was great because if not i would still be working on it!! anyways thanks for the help ill post the pic tomorrow

pinkbiz Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 6

here it is!!! i did it and i love the final outcome.... and it tasted great!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%