Your Favorite Chocolate Combos?

Decorating By Antgirl Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 7:04pm by amytracy1981

Antgirl Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 14

What are your favorite combinations of fillings and icings for chocolate wedding cakes? I need ideas beyond the classic raspberry! Thanks!

13 replies
aswartzw Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 14

Peanut butter or caramel. Yum....

I'm also currenlty making a toffee ganache that is by Bobby Flay. I can't wait to try it.

APrettyCake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 14

Chocolate fudge cake, mik chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate buttercream with chocolate covered cherries mixed in for the filling....
Yum! icon_biggrin.gif

tyty Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 14

Hazelnut, orange curd or bc, mexican chocolate (cinnamon, cayenne pepper and ancho chili pepper added to choc bc), blackberry, cheesecake filling.

dandelion56602 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 14

Raspberry/strawberry mousse. i don't know about for a wedding cake, but my absolute fav is peppermint. Banana goes really well w/ chocolate too.

ebear Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 14

Aswartzw-would you mind sharing your toffee ganache recipe from Bobby Flay? I've tried searching for it and can't find it..It sounds sooooooooo YUMMY..thanks icon_smile.gif

Rincewind Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 14

My two favorite fillings for chocolate cake are cherry and peppermint.

adikhawaja1 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:48pm
post #8 of 14

chocolate custard with crushed espresso chocolates, tiramisu filling, white chocolate mousse with chocolate almond crunch or white chocolate mousse with roasted pistachios goes really good with chocolate cake.
Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Cakeonista Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 14

i recently made a dark chocolate cake with the peanut butter mousse recipe found right here, i recieved so many compliments you cannot imagine.......more than with any other cake/filling combo i have made. the mousse is light and not too filling like you would imagine peanut butter to be. wonderful combination.

aswartzw Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:54pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebear

Aswartzw-would you mind sharing your toffee ganache recipe from Bobby Flay? I've tried searching for it and can't find it..It sounds sooooooooo YUMMY..thanks icon_smile.gif

Sure! It's amazingly easy! This recipe is enough for filling an 8"

2 c. heavy cream
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped finely
1/2 c. toffee bits

Bring cream to simmer. I semi-melted my chocolate in the microwave so I wouldn't need to chop it finely. Then I poured the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Then whisked it. Put in refrigerator to cool (left overnight) or over a bowl of ice. Whip with mixer until fluffy. Fold in toffee bits.

RRGibson Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #11 of 14

Peanut butter, hazelnut and plain old chocolate ganache!

aswartzw Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adikhawaja1

chocolate custard with crushed espresso chocolates, tiramisu filling, white chocolate mousse with chocolate almond crunch or white chocolate mousse with roasted pistachios goes really good with chocolate cake.
Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

I think I've died and gone to heaven!! I've been trying to figure out a good pistachio filling and this might be just what I need.

tx_cupcake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm
post #13 of 14

Hazelnut (Nutella!) or a salted caramel filling are my favorites.

amytracy1981 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:04pm
post #14 of 14

I don't know if someone would want this for their wedding but I am making a chocolate cake this weekend with the cookies and cream filling from the recipe section here on CC and a Vanilla Buttercream. I have never had it before but it sounds absolutely delicious to me and I can't wait to try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%