Chocolate Transfers Question

Decorating By valbos22 Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 11:09pm by sweettoothmom

valbos22 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 7

How do you get the air bubbles out? I tapped the clipboard this was on a few times-- what else can I do? Also the red chocolate is very old, a friend gave it to me to practise with-- could that be part of the problem? Also should I have used the opposite side of the wax paper or something else-- there is a waxy residue on the front of the transfers.

6 replies
maam1993 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't tried to make chocolate transfers yet. I was wondering the same thing.

Good luck.

sweettoothmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 7

I was told to use Acetate sheets. They are sheets of plastic like they use for an overhead projector. I gave up trying to find them and just went to an office supply and bought transparencies. They dont make a large transfer since they mostly come in a traditional letter size.
As far as the bubbles you could always pop them with a sterile pin tip before it sets up. I wonder if you could take a slightly warmed offset spatula and smooth it out a little.

valbos22 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 7

Hmm, I will have to try that next time. Do you try to re-use them or do you end up tossing them after a few uses?

I also have heard of using plexiglass or glass-- I guess then I would be able to look underneath and see my bubbles but I don't know if they could be popped? Hmmmm

I tried the warm iron-- these are totally practice ones and it isn't going to work-- the divets are quite deep!

I am going to try another batch tonight with transparancies and see if they don't come out better.

sweettoothmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 7

You can re-use them over and over if your careful and not put a crease in them. If they are creased you can snip them and use them for smaller designs or BC flowers instead of wax paper.

An iron would melt the transfer and the wax paper. I wouldnt use an iron personally and you would never get that wax off of the iron afterwards either.

valbos22 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry I meant a warm spatula that I used as an iron-- goodness that would have been quite a show! icon_lol.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 7

I gotcha that makes more sense. Hee hee that would have been a show in deed

Quote by @%username% on %date%