Transport In The Rain??

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 7:13pm by sweettoothmom

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, so it's pouring rain and I have to transport a wedding cake in the rain to an outdoor wedding! icon_surprised.gif

Thankfully there is tents, but omg....I'm so nervous about getting the cake there! I have a big box for the cake, but I'm still nervous.

How does everyone do this?

7 replies
jessieb578 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 8

OMG! There's hail and rain now!

This is going to be interesting.....

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 8

I have DH hold a big golf umbrella over the cake. (not me)

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 8

If this is a wedding cake in a box I cover the box with a clear trash bag using skewers to keep the bag away from the icing

jpcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpcs Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 8

Good luck! I had 3 cakes to deliver two weeks ago in a downpour! I did the same as others - my husband held a huge umbrella over the cake and I had the cakes in a box. Nervewracking for sure!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you for asking this question I have yet to have to deliver in the rain or snow.
The golf umbrella and the plastic bag with the skewers are a great idea.

Can you back your vehicle right up to the tent? You said it was an outdoor wedding and I was thinking they might allow you to do that to get the cake in place.

jessieb578 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:40am
post #7 of 8

well, I was super lucky and the rain let up for the wedding, which might I add, was gorgeous - imagine a big white tent in a beautiful green field next to a farm house, with the white picket fence around the property, horses walking around, etc....when the skies cleared the big billowy clouds were still there, but the bluest sky! I swear it looked like a movie!

In any event, I was able to pull my truck right up to the tent, and I had the umbrella ready!! I was so nervous! Thanks for the suggestions! Lucked out this time! icon_wink.gif

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 8

Oh it sounds very romantic and I am so glad it all worked out so well for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%