Anyone Have A Recipe For Cake In A Mug With Powdered Egg?

Lounge By DoniB Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm by 7yyrt

DoniB Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 11:55am
post #1 of 4

My baby brothers (I'm 37, they're 20 and 22) are going off to college this year and sharing a dorm room. I want to make them up some 'care packages' with single-serving Doni-goodies, so they can get a taste of home whenever they want.

They'll have a fridge and a microwave, but nothing else in the room.

I've done cake in a mug before and everyone loves it, but I'm wondering if anyone has the recipe with powdered egg, or knows how to substitute that in? (Their 'back to school' dinner is tomorrow, so i need it soon-ish)

My thought was to make up a bunch of these packets, then get some of those Rubbermaid drawer things and put everything they need in those, so it will even come with its own storage. icon_razz.gif

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone has a recipe for a chocolate chip cookie in a mug, or something like that, that would be great, too. Okay, actually any kind of quick dessert in a small bowl or mug! LOL (I found some nice little 4" ramekins at Walmart that I'm thinking of using... not sure yet, though)

You can see where I'm going with this. icon_razz.gif

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 replies
7yyrt Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 4

Located this
Powdered Egg Conversion Chart
Whole Egg Solids/ Water / = reconstituted eggs

2 tablespoons /2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons/ = 1 egg
4 tablespoons /5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon/ = 2 eggs
6 tablespoons /8 tablespoons = /3 eggs
8 tablespoons /10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons /= 4 eggs
10 tablespoons /13 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon /= 5 eggs

You can add the dry eggs to your dry ingredients and
add the water with the rest of the liquids.

DoniB Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 4

thank you so much for finding that! I've got so much running to do today, I just didn't have time. Me and having ideas at the last minute. Sheesh! LOL

Thanks again!!!! You rock!

7yyrt Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 4

Welcome, welcome!
Hope the boys enjoy their Doni-goodies! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%