Chocolate Truffle Cake

Baking By judcreations Updated 8 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm by Cake_Princess

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:19am
post #1 of 8

When a customer says chocolate truffle cake does that mean a chocolate truffle filling or the chocolate truffles on the cake, I am a bit confused, can someone please clarify. Thanks

7 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 10:45am
post #2 of 8

There is a recipe for a delicious chocolate truffle cake in the recipe section... but I just went to look for it and can't find it!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 10:49am
post #3 of 8

The only way to be absolutely sure that the customer gets what she expects is to ask her what SHE means when she says chocolate truffle cake. icon_smile.gif

HTH

BTW, there's also a flourless chocolate truffle torte!

judcreations Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for your quick response.

judcreations Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 8

Sorry, but a dumb question again . I have a few recipes for this cake, but i have noticed that in most there is no flour, baking powder etc. Also another one which says that truffles are made separately & then cake is prepared as a normal cake & the truffles are inserted in the cake batter & then baked. have never made one before, so I am confused now? icon_redface.gif

Also this is supposed to be a shower cake, so can this cake be iced with buttercream or covered in fondant & decorated like a normal cake.

Pls help. Thanks

foxymomma521 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 8

I just make my chocolate cake and put in the chocolate truffle filling... I think you should call the customer and find out what she has in mind...

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by judcreations

When a customer says chocolate truffle cake does that mean a chocolate truffle filling or the chocolate truffles on the cake, I am a bit confused, can someone please clarify. Thanks

The best person that can answer this question is your client. Having said that, pick up the phone and tell her you need a bit of clarification on her order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%