Wilton Fondant Cut & Press

Decorating By Dixiegal01 Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm by Dixiegal01

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:22am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone used this yet? I bought the Button Flower today, and will use it tomorrow for a shower cake.....any tricks to success? I got it at Hobby Lobby, it must be a new product out, I've never seen it before.

Paula

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 6

Yes I have both of them. They are a new product, just came out with this this summer. If you have the 9in rolling pin, you want to use the purple spacer rings. You want the fondant to be atleast a 1/8th of an inch thick, which is the thickness of a nickle. If it is thinner than this the press won't leave the imprints behind.

You use the square on the back of the one piece to cut out what you put inside of it. It dosen't have to be the perfect square, you just want to make sure the cut and press parts are covered.

I dusted the mold a little, as well as the top of the fondant I put in the press.

I learned if I picked it up and pressed it between my hands I got better imprints as I was able to push in different places. You may have a little trouble getting them out of the mold. If so just use a corsage pin.

This look really cute in different colors and dried in the round flower formers. I did some for a demo on cupcakes, but didn't have time to let them dry.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

Has anyone used this yet?

yes! I own both of them.

Dust them like crazy or they will stick the first few times.

Dixiegal01 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 6

Well I got to use it, and just loved it! I had originally wanted to use the black flowers/white inside for the sides of the base layer but they were just way too heavy and slid down icon_cry.gif . I decided to just use the white part for the sides and layed some of the heavier pieces on the cake. They were perfect for propping up the topper too~ I need to get the leaf one now! Here's the finished product, the bride to be loved it thumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1253198

Paula

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 6

First Dixigal01, that cake is just beautiful. wonderful job!!!

I too have bought this cool new tool. Just haven't used it yet. thanks for all the tips. ( icon_wink.gif I think I will dust it really well while using it. icon_lol.gif )

Thanks everyone thumbs_up.gif

Dixiegal01 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks mommicakes, I noticed you're in Vt....anywhere close to Winooski? My mom is originally from there, I still have a few cousins that are in the CT and VT area, beautiful country, I have some really great childhood memories from visiting my Grandmother in the summer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%